Friday, August 28, 2009

How It Should Be

I have really been thinking a lot lately about how sometimes some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. I am sure we have all had things we have prayed about; situations we wanted resolved, second chances we wished we had, or just for something (sometimes just anything) to happen. The prayers go unanswered and we are at times so short sighted that we just don't understand why. But as times passes we look back and we understand why they were not answered and we are so thankful that they weren't.

Marine arrived at the house last night just a little after midnight. As he took me in his arms and kissed me as he crawled into bed beside me I for one was very grateful for unanswered prayers. We laid awake and talked. Yeah we talk every night on the phone for hours so you think we would have nothing to talk about, but perhaps some stories are just better in person (I mean you got to have your hands to really get the point across lol).

It was perfect. I didn't want to go to sleep. I didn't want to miss a minute of what is sure to be a short weekend. This morning as I got ready for work and he got ready to go get his hair cut and run errands... ~~~~ wait and let me interrupt here for a moment. It is so unfair that guys can get ready in no time! I mean I'm not high maintenance nor do I wear a lot of make up, but seriously I am blow drying my hair this morning and he is already ready laying on the bed watching TV. I am only on the 2nd stage of the morning process, after I blow dry my hair I still have to straighten it and throw on what little make up I do wear. Yeah Guys have it so easy.....~~~~~ Ok anyway where was I? Oh yeah. We were getting ready and I was thinking "wow I really don't want to leave him." And then after thinking this a wave of shock rolls over me. I don't think I have ever had that thought. I mean I very much like my "ME" time. Not that work is ME time but you know I get up in the morning and in certain instances I was always kinda glad to go. Even with Big, leaving avoiding any discussion of where we stood or what was to come next. I mean heck some mornings I would slip out while he was still asleep ~ a fact that I never really acknowledged till here recently.

Marine is different than any type of relationship I have ever been in. In a good way of course. But you know I think that I had to go thru all the bad to really appreciate it. As we get ready to leave we hug bye at the door. "I really don't want to leave you," He says. I can't help but smile as I admit I feel the same way.

He's coming to meet me for lunch and then I'll see him after work. So won't be to bad. He is so nice and considerate and all the things I really didn't think a guy could be. I thought guys like that were a myth. A fairy tale to keep young girls hoping for love but I guess I never really believed it existed.

It makes me sorry that I settled for less in the past. But then again if I hadn't would I really appreciate all the little things now? Honestly, probably not.

Yeah I think I'm finally in a relationship where things are how they should be (hopefully not jinxing myself!!!)


"I've heard that it's possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope."
~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy ~

3 comments:

ColeyMarie said...

Aww! This entire post made me smile. I'm still smiling after reading it - It's so nice to see that relationships can actually, you know, turn out to be the way they're really supposed to be!

Very happy for you, and hoping your weekend was amazing!

And seriously, it's totally unfair how quickly guys can roll out of bed and get ready for their day!

Mrs. Match said...

I feel like I'm reading the first blogs I wrote about Match. It's so true, we have to have experienced the bad or else I don't think we'd appreciate what we have now. I was the same way, I loved having my me time. With Match, we can spend all weekend together every day, and then we'll go to work and come home and say, wow, I really missed you! :-) It's a great feeling.

Joe said...

Just enjoy it and let it flow. Don't focus on what was or what can be. Enjoy each other, respect one another, and laugh and play and be merry.