Monday, August 3, 2009

Friday Night Whilest I Wait

Giddy was the only word that could be used to describe me Friday. Giddy as I much anticipated the arrival of Marine. I arrived home (new home ~ Vixen's) to Blondie and Vixen preparing diner. Wings! Wings! and more wings!! In all flavors: hot, tequila lime, and Caribbean jerk. Friends came over and ate, sat around and visited and participated in a few games of beer pong. I love the small get togethers when it's my closest friends all together laughing and having a good time.

The laugh of the night is awarded to VB (Vixen's Boy). I have said she is much like myself (except much much worse) in the fact she runs from relationships. Well about a month ago - the same night I ran into Marine - she ran into an old acquaintance. He was a friend of mine but the two of them had never really known each other any more than a first name basis. They hit it off immediately and I kick myself for not thinking of him as a possible suitor for Vixen sooner.

Any way back to the funny part ~ Vixen has refused to say they are dating exclusively... so imagine my surprise as I sit on the front porch swing with Nurse Betty when VB runs out to tell us Vixen is now his girlfriend!..................... crickets chirping................................ What??...................... Engrossed in a game of beer pong Vixen and VB are matched up against Blondies BF and Nurse Betty's husband. Both teams are down to one cup. It's VB's turn. Vixen says "you make this shot and I'll be your girlfriend." Swoop!! Perfect shot!

Vixen's mouth drops and VB just grins. Who knew you could win a girlfriend at a game of beer pong?

"Observe the art of seduction. Watch, learn, and don't eat my cookie."
~ Phoebe, Friends ~

2 comments:

Date Girl said...

Yay! I'm happy that Vixen has someone right now too. I love it when all your friends are in the same relationship status as you, be that single or coupled, at the same time. It makes everything that much more fun. Can't wait to hear about how the weekend with Marine went!

phoebe said...

i second all of the above :-)

yay for you. yay for your friends. it's great when friends can start new chapters together.