Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving - The Day To Be Thankful

Well my Thanksgiving plans changed slightly from the what they originally were.

We had planned on going to my Grandparents as we do every year. But at the last minute my Step-Grandmother was feeling under the weather and really wasn't up for company so we decided to reschedule so she could rest up and get to feeling better.

So instead my mom, Marine and I attended Thanksgiving with his family. If I haven't said it before (or even if I have), I LOVE Marine's family.

They welcomed Mom and I with open arms. The house was bustling with aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, parents and grandparents. The food was abundant -- Marine's step-dad is the cook of the family, in younger days he was a cook in the Army. So when I say he cooks enough food for an Army..... I'm not joking!

 I ate way to much. But hey thats part of the holidays!!

After diner we all sat around visiting and laughing the way families always do after a big meal. The story telling of days gone by.

I missed my usual traditional Thanksgiving but I enjoyed making new memories with Marine's family.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and reminded me of the many, many, things in my life I am thankful for.

No comments: