Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crunch Time

Things at my house have been a little hectic this week....... we have been finishing up the last of the remodel in preparation for our first house guests who will arrive later today.

Plus I have been trying to finalize last minute wedding details.

Thanks though to Mom and Future-Mother-In-Law this has been much easier than expected!!!

The favors are done (which are super cute - pictures to come later), the center pieces and hanging jars are done, and the programs are one step from being done!

I go for the final fitting of my dress this afternoon.

Things are going smoothly....... except the location. But seriously I should have expected that when the guy was difficult to begin with.... but seriously you either want to have an event location or not. There is no middle ground, someone needs to inform him of that. Hopefully I won't be the one to when this is all said and done.

So plans were changed slightly. Marine and I were supposed to have the facility Friday and all day Saturday. The main plus of this place was that everyone would be able to get ready there........ well yesterday we were informed we cannot have access on Saturday till 11 a.m.

Which would normally be fine if Blondie wasn't doing everyone's hair and pictures didn't start at 1. 9 people's hair in 2 hours??? I don't think so.

I refuse to stress though so I fumed for a minute and then just told everybody to be at my house at 9 to start getting ready.

Poor Marine. I'm basically kicking him and our 3 house guests out. Telling him to go to his grandparents for breakfast or something.

It's a wedding. Something is bound to go wrong at some point during the day.... isn't that how it always goes? lol

In hindsight I'll be honest that I do regret booking this location. It is beautiful! But I should have known from the get-go that the owner was not going to be the easiest person to work with. And I admit I should have listened to my gut.

But it's to late for the coulda-woulda-shoulda's. The weather forecast is calling for sunshine, I have worked hard to make everything beautiful, and Marine and I will be saying I Do and spending the day with family and friends. So no matter what happens the day will be perfect.

When has your gut told you not to do it and you did it anyway?

1 comment:

Mrs. Match said...

Ugh what a tool. Here you are throwing down tons of cash and they're being all difficult. It WILL work out. Like you said, no matter what you two will be saying I Do and things will be beautiful. You won't even notice the little things.

I want to see pictures of your new place miss!! And the favors, yay!

My gut has told me not to do quite a few things that I later regretted when I didn't listen. For the wedding I wished I had made sure to put someone in charge of videotaping all of the toasts. I don't have any on video and it bums me out. I thought people would just do it on their own but my gut said to assign someone. I should have listened!