Sunday, June 19, 2011

Honeymoon Part 2: What does Chocolate Covered Strawberries Have To Do With Australia?

Day 2

Day 2 was a day at sea.

Which means we pretty much ate all day long. True Story.

And can someone tell me why drinks taste better when they come with an umbrella?





After some roaming around the boat we decided to play some putt-putt. Yes, there was a putt-putt golf course on the ship! 

Taken from Google Image
I started out strong but Marine made a fierce comeback and beat me in the end. 


I blame it on to many of these.......


My homemade concoction.

Yes, I did a little research before going on the cruise to see how we could possible sneak on a little extra alcohol. Cause the drinks on board are great.... but they are sky high! I stumbled upon this site called Rum Runners Flask. Seemed simple enough and all the reviews were good so I took a chance and ordered the Spring Break Pack.

Marine and I filled half of them with Rum and half with Crown.

They worked great!! And I highly recommend them.

Marine and I still bought drinks on the boat but not near as much thanks to these little guys.

This day at sea was also when I made a slight fool of myself...

Don't even pretend to fain surprise.

That morning the boat's cruise director hosted a morning show that was aired on the onboard TV station. As Marine and I got ready for the day we had the TV on that station. Well I'm wondering around the room picking out my bathing suit, fiddling with my hair and such. Marine is in the shower and I'm half way listening to the TV.

The Cruise director is asking people to call in and guess where his co-host is from based on his accent.

I thought it was definitely an English accent or may Australian accent.

The Cruise director answers the line and I hear a guest guess a town in England. They tell her she is wrong.

For some crazy reason I decide to call in! I mean if England's wrong the guy's gotta to be from Australia. I picked up the phone and dialed the extension not really thinking I'd get through... But then the Cruise Director answers!

He starts off by asking me the typical questions:

CD, "So who are you cruising with?"
Me, "My husband Marine."
CD, "And is this a special occasion?"
Me, "Yes we are on our honeymoon!"

He congratulates us and then ask if I know the answer to the question.

"Australia!" I exclaim.

And the two Morning Show Hosts nearly fall out of their chairs laughing! And they continue laughing.

Immediately I realize that it's best not to try and answer a question that you never even heard.

I laugh, "Ok I admit I didn't really hear the question."

Turns out the question was what town in England was the Co-host from.

Wow.

"Well at least I gave you guy's a good laugh this morning," I try to recover.
"That you did and just for that we are going to send you a consolation prize!!!"

Marine gets out of the shower and I tell him the story to which he just shakes his head and laugh's.

The consolation prize rocked!! And I'll be honest I was kinda glad I got the question wrong.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Champagne!


So delicious!

But little did I know this show would re-air the entire cruise so even though Marine missed the live show he did get to see the replay..... at which he may have laughed harder than I have ever seen him laugh.

Yep I'm good like that ;)


Ticket Agent: Okay, Mr. Bing, you'll be in 25J,and Mrs. Bing, you're in 25K.
Monica: Oh, no, you see, um, we're on our honeymoon. So, um, can you do you're little thing and bump us up to first class?
Ticket Agent: I'm sorry, all the first class seats are taken. That couple got the last two.
Monica: You see, if we'd gone around them like I said, then she would have given us those tickets! Damn it!
Chandler: 25J and K. Any chance those aren't together?
~ Friends ~

5 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

hahaha, oh man. That is something I would do. What an awesome consolation prize!

I have to ask, where was your ring? Did you leave it at home for safe keeping while honeymooning? That's probably smart if so.
Sucks that the drinks weren't included on the cruise. I can imagine that would add up so fast! Good call on sneaking your own. And mini golf on a cruise sounds so fun!

Unwritten said...

OMG!!! I've been missing so much! Congratulations on your marriage to Marine. I am so happy for you. I am officially back and can't wait to catch up on all that's been going on with you.

Now on to your post:
I can't believe there's another person so much like me. My story includes me misunderstanding my uncle when he asked if I needed drawers (to put my clothes in) for drawers as in underwear. I told him I brought my own. He looked very confused as my sister cracked up. I didn't get free champagne and chocolate covered strawberries though. Lucky you!!!

phoebe said...

yeah i'm totally jealous. your cruise looks awesome. those flask things are great! did you keep them or are they disposable. you are a smart cookie. when i went cruising a few years back, we pitstopped in charleston (first port) and thats where we went 'shopping'. but this is way cooler!

australia! that is classic. i needed a good morning chuckle. you know. that is something that marine will never let you live down. great consolation prize!! delish :-D

R said...

You have not been boring, you're a newlywed! There are much more fun things to be doing instead of blogging right now.

But yes, of course I want you to guest blog for me! Anything but politics and I'm good. Just write it up in blogger and cut/paste the edit html side into an email for me before the 15th of July.

Thanks honey!

Rachel rkyurko1984@aol.com

One of the Guys said...

I love that story. So funny!

Glad you're having...or had...an awesome time!