Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Workin 9 to 5 ----- ok more 8:30 to 5:30

Believe it or not I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Nor have I been doing anything super interesting!

Ok maybe a few interesting things......

Friday was my last day of work. It was busy as I tried to train the new girl all the other things I gotten to during the week. It was also sad.

When I started the job 3 years ago I really expected it to be temporary. I mean it was because of that job I started this blog..... yes I blogged at work during down time or my lunch break.

I would say shame on me but let's face it your reading this at work aren't you ;)

Over time I became friends with my co-workers and as more time went by they started to seem more like family.

I had never worked with such a GREAT group of people.

I started to mold the job into more than what it was at face value. I started to shape it into what type of job I wanted.

And you know what? I really liked the job.

But due to the economy I was cut back to part time.

Hence the new job.

So again last Friday was my last day and all my co-workers threw me a surprise going away party luncheon!

I really was surprised! They had my favorite foods and all my favorite things. Complete with Strawberry Daquiris. Thats right last day of work I was a little tipsy after lunch.

They also had a cookie cake for desert.

It was sssssooooooo good!!

And to top it off they also gave me a gift....... sorta a good-luck-at-the-new-job -type-of-thing.

It was a basket with my favorite candies plus some new things for my new office:

Pens, notepads, post-it notes and a candle.

It may not have been much but I thought it was very thoughtful! There was also a super nice card that everyone signed and wrote a note on.

I won't lie it made me cry a little.

I never would have thought it would be so hard to leave a job.

****************

Fast Forward a bit........ I started the new job Tuesday.

The commute's not so bad. It's nice spending part of the time there and back with Blondie and getting to catch  up.

The job's ok. I've decided to give it a full month before I make a decision on weather I like it or not.

But I'll be honest I didn't really take the job because I thought I'd like it. I took it because it was full time, more money and benefits.

So far it's not that bad. It's fast paced (which I like) but leaves no time for afternoon blogging (which I don't like).

The hours are 8:30 to 5:30 which puts me at the barn at 7 and then home by about 8ish. Which means after diner I pretty much just go to bed.  I'll get more used to the routine soon.


So just bear with me. I apologize for ALL the things I've left out lately!!!

I will post about the honeymoon, the wedding bloopers, Memorial Day, Target Practice and everything else soon!!

4 comments:

phoebe said...

i'm so happy for you! i wish you tons of luck with the new job.

R said...

Um...target practice? That's the part I want to hear about!

Mrs. Match said...

What a sweet send off. I love that you got to drink at work too, so fun! Target practice? I'm intrigued. I need to go shooting with Match soon. So is Marine still gone during the week at school? If so I guess the busy schedule makes the days go faster. If he's home, then that's not so much fun. I'm exhausted just thinking about your schedule. Hope it gets easier soon! And you are very missed in the blogosphere.

PS why do you spell it diner? I've been wondering about that one for a long time now. Is that a southern thing or are you talking about going to dinner? Just curious!

One of the guys said...

Looking forward to the updates on all the exciting things happening in your life.

For us it's mainly: soccer tryouts, baseball games, end of school parties, and summer plans.

Take care!