Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ten Years.... where did it go?

Last night I went to diner with the girls; Red, Giggles, Conscious, Babbles, and Blondie. Over diner the topic of high school reunions came up. For us older ones in the group our 10 year reunion is fast approaching. As in few months.

As we talked it really hit me. I've been out of High School TEN years. Now thats just not something you think about on a daily basis. TEN years. Wow. Where has the time gone?

I enjoyed high school but I was happy to leave those days behind. I feel like I should still be in college or college age though instead of approaching 30's door.

TEN YEARS!

Kinda makes you think..... All those teenage dreams that have fallen by the way side. The things that didn't turn out as planned. The things that turned out better than you could have hoped. Ten years.

Are you the person you thought you'd be?



Romy: The reunion is less than two weeks away. I just can't believe that you turned down a job! 
Michele: Well, I thought the whole point of going to the reunion was to impress people. I mean, how am I gonna impress ANYBODY by selling ban-lon smocks at Bargain Mart? 


~ Romy and Michele's High School Reunion ~

3 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

My ten year is this summer too! I didn't realize we graduated the same year. It is amazing that it's already been 10 years.

I'm not who I thought I would be in some ways. I thought I'd be working with animals and training them. That dream didn't work out.
I thought I might be married with a few kids by now. I'm halfway there and so happy I don't have kids (yet!). I never dreamed I would be this happy with my husband. So yes some things didn't turn out like I thought, but some turned out better than I could have hoped. I guess that's part of growing up isn't it? :-)

phoebe said...

i have to admit... nope. i'm not anywhere i thought i would be. when you're in hs you think that in 10 years you'll be married. own a home. have a kid or 2.

i have the home. but that's about it. haha. working on the rest i suppose. it's just amazing how when we're 18 we have these big dreams that don't always pan out the way we thought they would. sometimes better. sometimes not so much.

i'm working on 14 years out of hs. crazy! where does the time go?

E said...

Yep growing up is definitely surprising! Still not sure where all the time went though.... lol