Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

This year I have decided to participate in lent with today, Ash Wednesday, being the first day. I consider my self a spiritual person but not really a religious person. Maybe thats because I was raised exposed to different beliefs. My mom was Catholic and my dad was baptist. I grew up attending both churches never being told which religion I had to be but aloud to choose for myself. As an adult I attend a nondenominational church and I don't attend as often as I should...... But that doesn't mean I don't pray on a daily basis.

Ok so thats enough religion talk. For lent I am giving up Dr. Pepper. I drink a Dr. Pepper daily and if I was stranded on a desert island that is the thing I would want with me. An unlimited supply of Dr. Pepper.... aaaahhhhh...

I'm weird I know.

So no Dr. Pepper. It's water, juice, tea, milk, or Sprite Zero for this girl. I'm saying Sprite Zero because its no caffeine and no sugar. Is that cheating? I don't think so.

Anybody else giving up anything?



Big: What religion are you?
Carrie: I'm open to all
Big: Like a Seven-Eleven!


~ Sex and the City ~

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

I'm like you, non-denominational. I don't go to church but I pray and I have my own little version of religion. I've done lent in the past just because I think it's a great idea to give up some bad habit. I gave up chocolate one year and it was TORTURE!

This year I didn't give up anything because of Match's graduation and I knew we'd be celebrating before Lent was over. Next year I'm going to participate though.

Good luck with the no Dr. P. I'm not a big soda person but if I were to give up coffee or tea I'd totally feel your pain.

phoebe said...

good luck giving up your dr. p! we all know how hard that will be for you ;-)