Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Perfectionist In Me Should Be Shot


I got an email this morning that pretty much fit me to a T and kinda helps explain why I have been M.I.A. lately.....

VIRGO - The Perfectionist (Aug 23 - Sept 22) Dominant In relationships. Conservative. Always wants the last word.. Argumentative. Worries. Very smart. Dislikes noise and chaos. Eager. Hardworking. Loyal. Beautiful. Easy to talk to. Hard to please. Harsh. Practical and very fussy.. Often shy. Pessimistic... 


Ok well maybe not all of it. But the first part. "The Perfectionist" part. SO TRUE! I have spent the better part of a month working on a website job. I have made not 1 not 2 but seriously...... are you ready for it?......... 12! 12 layouts! I have made 12 layouts for this company!!! Do you know how many of these I actually like? Zero. 


You read that right, Zero. I mean I like them but not enough to call any of them the "finished project". It all boils back down to that perfectionist aspect. I have finally figured out my problem. Design can only take a website so far. I mean what's the main thing you look at when you view a website? The pictures!


Despite how beautiful the design and layout is the pictures just don't look good enough. I've tweaked them as much as I can but still they just lack pizazz. Now I have to think of a nice way to tell the company this....

So if I would stop being a "perfectionist" and "worrying" so much I could maybe get it done and lose some stress! lol

The other part of that horoscope summary that is true is that I have to have the last word. Not sure why its just like some twisted law of nature.

Not sure that I agree with the "hard to please" part...... but maybe it is true at times....

Also last week Marine and I planted a garden. Maybe I'm stretching that slightly...... Marine plowed and planted a garden. I hoed and planted a strawberry patch :)

I have never had a garden before. Yeah some southern girl I am. lol I grew up on a horse farm. Horse being stressed in that sentence.

Marine's parents and his grandparents do a garden together every year. This year Marine has volunteered us to be a part of it as well. He made the garden about twice the size as it was last year. Just to give you an idea my little overachiever planted 75 pounds of potatoes. lol He plans on taking any excess to the local farmers market. I'm telling ya he's an 80 year old man trapped in a 24 year old body. Bless his heart gotta love him.

Since Marine got home everyone has wanted to visit with him, friends and family. Everyone is so happy he is home. One night last week we had diner at Red's parents house. I think I have mentioned before that Red's brother is Marine's BFF and best man (small world I know - lets name him Ford). Marine and Ford & Red's family's go way back.

Diner was steaks grilled on a Green Egg. I had heard how great these were but had never experienced one myself. It was a wonderful! Think Marine has definitely added one to the "things we need list"! :)

It was a fun night all the way around. I loved sitting and listening to Marine and Ford talk about crazy things they did over the years. And Red would chimed in with different stories like the time they helped her move while in college. Apparently they decided she had to much stuff and started dropping non-breakable boxes off her 3rd floor balcony. Needless to say they were never asked to help move again.

Saturday night we went over to Giggles and her husband's house. Giggles and I addressed shower invitations while the guys cooked fajitas. Giggles husband and Marine hit it off big time. He is also an ex marine so they have a lot in common.

At 1 a.m. I had to remind Marine we had 45 minute drive home.... I think there may be a new bromance brewing! Which is fine by me! Always great to spend time with Giggles :)

I'm still Zumba-ing away to! Dance and feel the burn! I'm still waiting for them to kick me out of the class due to lack of coordination.



 Monica: Did you ever feel like sometimes you are just so unbelievably uncoordinated?
(Rachel taps into view. She is in perfect sync with the rest of the class)
Rachel: What? You just click when they click. 
~Friends~

2 comments:

phoebe said...

i was wondering where you disappeared to (says the girl that often disappears and then posts like 25 entries in 1 day, haha).

i'm so glad that you're enjoying your time with marine! where are you both living? still cleaning out the basement apartment?

Date Girl said...

hahah, my virgo side can definitely be a worrywart/perfectionist/practical/
fussy girl. I drive myself crazy sometimes! I think it's awesome that you were able to design 12 layouts, like them or not! You will be able to get this web design thing up and going. I have total faith in you.

It must be so nice having Marine home. I am not a gardener (maybe it's a virgo thing?). I kill green things which is very sad. I can raise animals, not veggies.

I love it when Match finds a new bromance. It warms my heart. So glad he gets along with your close friend's husband. That's so important!