Monday, April 13, 2009

[Insert Funny, Creative Title Here]

(4/17/09 I have been trying to write this post for a week ~ from same night as Ramblings)

Friday I ended up not having to work at Sports Bar so I was excited to be able to go out to a concert with Vivi and Vixen. But alas what kind of trip would it be with out a little adventure. Storm clouds swirled, tornado watches were announced and hail was coming down. And us? Well we were waiting for the storm to pass. We had already paid for the tickets - we were going! Once it seemed the hail had passed we loaded into the 4runner and were on the way..... But we didn't make it far. We had no more than pulled out of Vixen's driveway when we spot a tree in the road.



This is the part where any normal person would have said to hell with it and went back home.



Not us. Oh no.



We get out of the car, in the rain, and attempt (attempt) to move the tree. Well Vivi and I attempt to move the tree. Vixen sees this as a photo op. Seeing as this tree is much, much bigger than the one from a few months past our efforts are in vain. So I go to the top of the tree that is broken off and Vivi and I pull it out of the way. Just enough so the 4Runner can squeeze by. That is squeeze by if I put it in 4-wheel-drive and go in the ditch...... Which I do.

We make it a few more miles and another tree lays across the road. There is no way we can move the monster tree, so I throw it in reverse and we head for another alternate route. 3 routes and 40 minutes later we finally make it to the 4-lane. It was easy sailing from there on out.

The concert was fun. The drive home long. But overall a fun night.

Saturday night Vixen and I went to a horse show. I won second in one of my events. But the others..... well lets just say my horse was having an off day. And that is putting it nice.


"I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends."

~ Penny Lane, Almost Famous ~

No comments: