Sunday, April 5, 2009

When did we become...... Guys??

Ringing phone ~ "Hello..."
"It's not raining lets go do something today!" Vixen said gleefully.

I have spent the past week teaching Vixen how to ride. So today we saddled up and I took her on her first trail ride. It was such a pretty day and she did great. After the ride we decided to head to the movies to see Fast and Furious. Paul Walker has been my #1 celebrity crush since.... well.... forever!

So this past week as Vixen and I sat drinking beer and playing rock band we had a realization. This time last year we would have been drinking mixed drinks watching our guys drink beer and play rock band. Now we are minus the guys and the mixed drinks. And our conversations are even slightly different.

Today we are sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start and Vixen nudges me, "Look around." I glance around not quite sure what I'm supposed to see. "We are the only girls here that aren't with guys," she points out.

I look around the nearly packed theater. Yeah there are less than 10 girls in the large theater and yeah we are the only two not with boyfriends.....

"Oh my god we are turning into guys."

As the movie rolls and I realize I know a few to many trivial facts about the cars in the movie I start to fear she may be right. But really a movie with hots guys and fast cars?? Does it really get better than that?! I liked Twilight but yeah I'd take Paul Walker and his fast import or Vin Diesel and his Chevelle any day over Edward and his Volvo :)



Jack, "This makes me feel like a man."
Will, "Yeah."
Jack, "No, seriously, I'm going to need a man after we're done.”
~ Will & Grace ~

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Hahah, I love this post, because I'm such a guy. I can't wait to see Fast and the Furious 2. So cheesy, but so fun. I love Vinn Diesel's voice, yum.

phoebe said...

sounds like such a fun time!!