Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Letters From Home

I write Marine lots (a.k.a. one reason the mailman has started to wonder if I'm stalking him) of letters.... more than is probably good for myself. I mean really I'm a spaz. After all these letters he may rethink this whole wedding thing! Today's post is a witty letter that I sent to him today. I send serious letters but also try to send just some random funny ones to keep him entertained.....



Tue April 20, 2010

Fact Number: 298 -- I grocery shop better for you than I do myself.

Hi my handsome Fiancée! Just to let you know I have learned a few things about myself during this deployment:

1. I can pretty much write a letter about anything. Now it might not be a letter that particular interests you, but hey your getting mail so you should be happy. Beggars can't be choosers! lol

2. I am a information seeker. Journalism school instilled in me the the 5 w's (who, what, when, where, why) and no matter what I do I can't seem to shake that basic principle. Google is my new best friend.

3. I put your needs before my own. My perhaps only redeeming factor toward the list of reasons why you might want to marry me - Still I think that was a lapse of judgement on your part. :)

4. When I hear of little problems or spats my friends have with their boyfriends or other friends. I want to tell them not to sweat the small stuff. Be appreciative of those moments and to take a step back and consider how it will affect the big picture. Most times it won't. So my view point of everyday things has changed. I appreciate things so much more!

Also I shop better for you than I do for myself. Simple fact. Sunday I was in the grocery store shopping, my buggy is nearly full and I think I'm ready to checkout.... then I look and realize not a single item in the buggy is for myself. It's all stuff for your care packages. So I had to go back down the aisles and get myself grocery's for the week. In which I still didn't get as much for me as I did for you. I have a plastic tub at home full of things to send you. I may be going a little overboard, but I hope not. I like shopping for you and sending you packages, anything to help the months pass a little better for you.

If nothing else I hope this information has made you smile or laugh...

~~~~~~~

And from here the letter gets sappy, and cheesy --- the mushy stuff you don't need to know. You get the gist though. So each day I will continue to send letters from home, counting down the days when there will be no more letters and he will be home to hear all my crazy ramblings in person.


Mr. Big: "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours."
~ Sex And The City ~

4 comments:

phoebe said...

cute letter. i'm sure that will make him smile.

your grocery cart (love how you call it buggy!) sounds like my cart at target some times... i end up buying more stuff for lil man and the boy than myself! oh the things we do....

One of The Guys said...

Jeez, I thought it was already sappy and cheesy! In a good way of course. :)

Funny about the grocery store.

No Model Lady said...

I was so glad when I got Spouse's mail cutoff date for this deployment! Care packages were consuming my life!!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from 20something bloggers. I, too, am with a Marine, though he's only Boyfriend right now. It's stuff like this that give me hope that we'll make it though the (inevitable) deployment.