Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7th

I just realized that one year from today Marine and I will be getting married. It's beautiful and sunny out today so hopefully next year it will be also...

With Mother's Day being Sunday this afternoon I'm taking The Mom's (My mom and Marine's Mom) for their surprise Mother's day gift today. Marine's Grandma and Sister are also coming. Such as good idea.... and it was all Marines - even though I wish I could take credit for it.

He suggested taking them to a pottery class. What a great idea is that?! So I called around and the local pottery place only has 3 pottery wheels. There are 5 of us. I'm not that good at math but I know that just isn't going to work.

So I call around and no such luck, so the surprise had to be altered. Instead of a pottery class I'm taking the group to a clay class.

I think it will still be a lot of fun and The Mom's and Grandma have no clue what we are doing. I told them they needed to wear something they wouldn't mind getting dirty in.

With this tid-bit of knowledge I have received the following responses:

My Mom, "Am I going to have to throw these clothes away afterward?"


Marine's Mom, "Ok.................."


Marine Grandma, "You're not taking us to haul hay are you?"



Yeah they have no clue.

Then after that I have a horse show! Super excited but I really must start practicing more. All these weddings and working all the time has not left me with a enough hours in the day. But Horse and I got this. As long as we place in the top 5 I'm happy. After all we are defending our title from last year of High Points winner. Yeah I plan on winning again this year, **fingers crossed**.

Have a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers Day!!

Also Happy Military Spouses day to all those Military Spouses out there!

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

What a cool mother's day gift. I hope it was fun! Good luck with the horse show. You will do great! A year til the wedding, YAY! I can't believe it's less than 4 months for me. Squeallll!

One of The Guys said...

Sounds like a cool Mother's Day. How did it work out?

What's this about you and horses? I didn't know you were a rider. When does your coolness end??

How did that go?