Monday, August 9, 2010

The Bachelor & The Stripper

Any time you talk about weddings you are inevitably going to talk about some of the other events that lead up to the big day. One of the most epic being the Bachelor / Bachelorette parties.

Where rules and trust go hand in hand out the door for some couples. 

I got to talking this weekend to a friend who's fiancée is deployed with Marine. They are set to get married the month the guys return from deployment. From the get go of the conversation I can tell she's upset; she then says that her fiancées brother is wanting to have strippers at the bachelor party.

** Crickets Chirping ** 

Now no girl really wants her guy going to a strip club. Any girl who says she is ok with it is lying and trying to appear cool and collected.

Not wanting the guy to go and not having a problem with him going are two different things.

I know Marine's friends will probably want to take him to a strip club for his bachelor party. It's a bachelor party. That's what guys do.

Do I really want him to go to one?

No.

Am I ok with him going to one?

Yes.

I trust Marine fully and any issues I have of him going to a strip club really boil down to my own insecurities. I mean I have a pretty decent body, but strippers have great bodies! A fact that can be proven by the whole pole dancing workout craze. Big boobs, long legs.... yeah a far cry from my five foot flat, small chested figure.

The flip side of this card is that girls also go to strip clubs for bachelorette parties. Does this bother guys? Do they have any of those same insecurities? Psshh I highly doubt it. Women are just crazy (yes I said it).

The fact that Marine Friend was so surprised that her fiancées brother would want strippers at the bachelor party completely surprised me. I thought that was just a given of bachelor parties.  And I mean she wasn't just a little upset, she was how-do-I-put-a-call-thru-to-Afghanistan upset.

I calmed her down telling her to not worry about something that was still months in advance and even though that was what his younger brother wanted to do that may not be what her Marine wanted to do for his bachelor party (sometimes I fib for the greater good). It worked, she calmed down. I'm glad cause, bless his heart, this is not what Marine Fiancée needs to be dealing with when he does get a chance to call home.

Marine and I have months till our Bachelor / Bachelorette parties but I have already been informed by two of his friends/groomsman that they are already planning the Bachelor party. They say this with sideways grins that can't help but make you laugh. The rules I have laid down to Marine are: you can look but don't touch and they better not touch you either.

Other than that I think I'm better off not knowing! Ignorance is bliss.

What are your thoughts on Bachelor / Bachelorette parties? Experiences - good or bad? Lets hear them!






The Friends quotes were to great to just pick one



Phoebe: "A stripper at a bachelor party, that is so cliché. Why don't you get a magician?!
Chandler: "Well, if the magician can open my beer with his but cheeks, then all right."


~ Friends ~


[Scene: Monica's apartment, where Phoebe's bachelorette party is taking place.]
Phoebe: (to Rachel) Thank you so much for this.
Rachel: Oh, d'you like it?
Phoebe: Oh my God, it's all so elegant! When's the dirty stuff starting?
Rachel: What?
Phoebe: You know, the strippers, and the guys dancing, and you know, pee-pee's flying about.
Rachel: Pheebs, I... there isn't gonna be any flying about! We actually thought we were a little too mature for stuff like that.
Phoebe: Oh, ok. I see what you're doing, that's fine. This is all there is, just tea, uh, ok. (she drinks her tea) Hmmmm... raunchy!
Rachel: Seriously Pheebs, it's not gonna be that kind of a party.
Phoebe: Really? So this is... this is my big send off in the married life? Rachel this is the only bachelorette party I'm ever gonna have! I've got a big wad of ones in my purse! Really? I mean, really? It's just tea?
Rachel: Nooo! Phoebe, of course there is more! I mean, I'll just go and talk to Monica and get an ETA on the pee-pee's!

~ Friends ~

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Yeah women are crazy! Couldn't agree more. Match and I aren't big fans of wild parties where the other isn't allowed, but if his buddies wanted to take him to a stripper so be it. I personally don't want a male stripper at my own party-i think they're ridiculous and not very sexy.
It all comes down to security, like you said. This girl is immature and very insecure. If you can't trust your husband to be, you probably shouldn't be marrying him! I'm with you on the rules too. Whenever I go out to bars w/o Match he says the same-you can look but no touching and they better not touch you! :-)

E said...

lol Date Girl I think we always agree :)