Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Heart Of The Matter

Sorry I have been MIA this week....


Monday evening I'm driving home from work and I start getting minor pains in my chest. 


They are minor so I figure it will go away in a minute. I go to the barn and let the horses out.


The chest pains are getting worse. I go to the house and take an aspirin. 


Few hours later I am still hurting and now the pain is in my chest, my shoulder and my arm. 


My mom takes me to the emergency room where I am poked and prodded. We arrive a little before midnight and between midnight and 6 a.m. I have blood test done, an ekg, x-rays and a ct-scan.

Not to mention a shot in the rear-end and a nurse trying to get an IV in my arm unsuccessfully and instead using it as a pin cushion. 



The end result is that I have an inflammation in my chest..... Not real sure what that means.... but basically it hurts to breath, hurts to move, hurts to sit still----- so basically just hurts!!!


I was given some anti-inflammatory medicine and pain medicine and sent on my way. 


So far feeling a little better but not sure what caused it in the first place......


Taking a few days to rest, be back soon.

4 comments:

phoebe said...

awwww. i hope you feel better! would stress cause it?

One of The Guys said...

Jeez, take care of yourself. Sorry to hear you're not feeling that great.

We'll see you soon.

Mrs. Match said...

Take care chica-I was thinking the same as Phoebe, I wonder if it's stress. Either way get your R&R and we'll talk to you soon.

E said...

Thanks everybody! And yeah it may possibly be stress... feeling much better but was definitely a scary experience at the time!