Friday, September 26, 2008

Trying Not To Fall

Last night was wonderful! Ok I'm gushing. But it's true. After work and a long day of dealing with X and his self-created drama. I mean really - I will be so glad when the dang house does sell so I don't have to talk to him on a semi-regular basis. I was relieved and my spirits instantly lifted when I got a call from Fire Guy asking if I wanted to go back out to the beautiful fishing spot and take pictures. I love photography! It is one of my many hobbies. So I head home change from work clothes into comfy jeans, a tank top, and tennis shoes. I grab my camera bag, double checking that I have all my lenses and head out the door. I get outside to find Fire Guy changing my tail light. He remembered. It may not seem like a big deal to most but it was to me cause I'm used to the empty promises kinda guys. And not only did he replace my tail light he got a spare for when the other one goes out.

I had to run back into the house and came back out to find him and Hyper all ready in the truck ready to go. And yeah call me a sucker but I think it's nice he always lets Hyper come along. So we went down to the creek and I got some great pics! (I'll try to load some later). Afterward we went to Sports Bar for diner. Bartender was not working but had stopped by (she is the owner) so of course she wanted to meet Fire Guy.

For new readers let me explain Bartender ~ Me and my girls love her!! She is like a big sister that you can tell all your secrets to and is always there for you. We met her several years ago and now go to her and her husbands restaurant at least weekly.

So Bartender sits with us and chats while we eat. Fire Guy participates in conversation easily and I can tell by the look Bartender gives me that she approves. And this approval meant a lot to me.

After diner we returned to my house where Blondie had posted up on the back porch with an evening cocktail. We made drinks and joined her. The night air was cool and crisp signaling that fall was in the air. We all donned sweatshirts and sat drinking and laughing. Fire Guy sat and listened to Blondie and I relive events of the past. Funny stories that made us all laugh.

As he went inside to make her another drink Blondie leaned over and whispered to me, "I think you finally found a nice one." I was happy and nervous all at the same time. I don't want to get my hopes up just to be let down like in the past. I mean they're all nice in the beginning. I'm old enough to know better. Maybe I'm to cautious. But I'd rather be safe then sorry. I try to distance myself but it keeps getting harder and harder...... I'm just trying not to fall.

“Here’s my philosophy on dating.
It’s important to have somebody that can make you laugh,
somebody you can trust, somebody that, y’know, turns you on.
And it’s really, really important that these three people don’t know each other.”
~ Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill ~

No comments: