Thursday, February 19, 2009

Note To Self

Note to future self if ever in a relationship again:

  1. It's middle of the day and he has not called or texted you, this is no need for panic. He has a job. He's busy. Plain and Simple. Deal with it.
  2. Why he's not calling: you pick a fight everytime he calls / you bitch at him over every little thing. If the situation were reversed would you want to call him? Shake of head, nope didn't think so. Solution = chill out!!
  3. Even though it's your time of the month that does not give you the "get out of jail free card" to be a witch. Yes, cramps suck. But freaking out over little stuff does not make them go away.
  4. Think things thru ~ so what he didn't give you a Valentine's Card, he did take you out for a romantic diner, etc. Yes a card would have been nice but years from now what will you remember? A card or a romantic evening with your loved one?
  5. Pick your battles.
  6. After 6 months he has stopped trying to Woo you. In his eyes if you have stopped wearing make-up and trying to impress him why should he still try to impress you? It is a two way street. Just like you are now in the comfort zone, so is he.
  7. His Ex is his Ex for a reason therefor there is no need to worry about her. He's with you not her ~ be happy with that and let it go. Even if he happens to run into her somewhere does not mean that he will suddenly, magically want her.

I'm sure there are more. This list is comprised of things I have had to listen to from friends during the past week. Maybe it's something to do with the planetary alignment, maybe they are all going crazy at once, or perhaps I can now see things from an outsiders perspective a tad more clearly. I have always said girls are crazy ~ at least at times. And I'm not excluding myself from this generalization, I have my moments to. As an outsider it's easier to see the problem as a whole. I just wish sometimes these girls could take a step back and see how silly they are being. But like a storm the problems quickly pass and once again they will experience smooth sailing. As long as I get a drink with a little umbrella in it I'm happy.

Barney, "Watch your step when you get up kids, 'cause I'm about to drop some knowledge. Relationships are like a freeway. "

Marshall, "Wait a minute. A month ago you told me relationships were like a traveling circus."

Barney, "No, this is new, this trumps that. Freeways have exits, so do relationships. The first exit, my personal favorite, is six hours in. You meet, you talk, you have sex, you exit when she's in the shower."

Robin, "So, every girl you have sex with feels the immediate need to shower? Actually yeah, I get that."

Barney, [ignoring what Robin just said] "The next exits are four days, three weeks, seven months - That's when you guys" [pointing at Ted and Robin] "are gonna break up, mark your calendars."

Ted, "Hey!"

Robin, "What? "

Barney, "Then a year and a half, eighteen years, and the last exit: death, which, if you've been with the same woman for your entire life, it's like "Are we there yet?" "

~ How I Met Your Mother ~

4 comments:

phoebe said...

lol. i completely chuckled at your list. i'm so capable (and guilty) of every single one of them... without a doubt.

Joe said...

That was a good list. It opened my eyes a bit. I guess women have some issues too LOL. j/k. LOL

Vivi said...

Oh bless! LOL I know exactly who this was and it makes me giggle. We all do it though!

Mrs. Match said...

I love this list! It's something I have to remind myself of sometimes, especially the one about wooing. I stopped and thought about that one. Since moving in with Match, he sees me in baggy sweats 90% of the time. So the other day I put on a cute outfit and he was gushing over me. It's nice to do that once in awhile-its ok for us girls to woo them back. :-)