Monday, February 2, 2009

SuperBowl

It happens once a year. Me and my girls get together to drink beer, eat wings, and watch football.... Ok well maybe that happens more than once a year (every weekend during college football), but once a year for Superbowl. This year was no different as we placed out self in front of the big screen and prepared for the big game and the crazy commercials that would surly ensue. Yes me and my girls love football!!!

I was pulling for the Steelers and was glad to see them pull it off in the end. It was a good game..... ok who am I kidding. I'll be honest after halftime I had consumed enough beer to blur the score. Good news I'm adapting better to beer. That's not really good news, but for my wallet it is!

I love football.... if you knew me and my girls you'd probably find this funny, because at first glance you would think we knew nothing about football. That's the good thing about us, we are well rounded and full of surprises!

Marshall, "But just to make sure it records, maybe we should bow our heads and say a quiet prayer to the TiVo gods."

Ted, "Almighty TiVo, We thank you for all the gifts you have given us. The power to freeze live TV to go take a leak is nothing short of god-like. And let's not forget fast-forwarding through commercials. It seems greedy to ask anything more from you, o magic box, but if you malfunction and miss the Super Bowl, we will destroy you in the alley with baseball bats."

Marshall and Ted, "Amen. "
~ How I Met Your Mother ~

3 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

I will admit I really only watch the superbowl for the commercials and for the Office special that aired right after. But this years game was excited, especially that touchdown that waa what, 100 yards?! Incredible!

Vivi said...

So does this mean you will do NASCAR with wings and beer? LOL

phoebe said...

steelers? really? haha.

i chuckled at vivi's comment. i love football. the boy has been trying to get me to enjoy the cars as well...