Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Moving and Movies

Ok so moving. Yeah. It has drug on for months now. Why? Not real sure. Maybe because I really didn't want to move in the first place. Maybe because I know that with the house I am giving up a sense of my freedom and independence; so like a life line I cling to it. Cause even though it is nearly empty, it is still home. And truth be told I miss it terribly. I miss going home on nice evenings and going for walks thru the small neighborhood with Hyper and then enjoying diner on the back porch. I digress. So today BG came and helped me move the fridge and stove out.

Yes, I am talking about the same BG who I received the drunken text's from. I saw him a few days after that night and with a laugh I told him he was a worse drunk texter than myself. With a "Yeah" and a laugh we moved one both acknowledging the fact of what was said but in a silent mutual agreement we would not let it affect our friendship and pretend it never happened.

So for the past two months I have been trying to round up some muscle power to move these two heavy items. And it seems everytime I think I have help it rains or something happens and they have to cancel. This going back to Trouble being really the only guy friend I can always count on. But Trouble has been out of town for work. Stupid me should have thought of BG sooner. BG is similar to Trouble in that I can always count on him and he always does what he says he will do. Which I am a big believer in. So he showed up and together we got everything else moved. I need to do one last walk thru of the house this weekend and gather a few stray items and I will be done. Everything will be out. Kinda bittersweet.

Then tonight some of the girls (Giggles, Babbles, Alice, random GirlFriend) and myself went to see He's Just Not That Into You. During the car ride random GirlFriend coined us the Blonde Mafia. Which seemed quite fitting. The movie was pretty good. It had its moments. The problem is when I watch a movie I usually try to identify with a character within the movie. I could relate to several of the characters, but as I sat there with my four friends who are all happily in relationships, I couldn't help but feel like the girl at the end of the movie who is alone and starting over. Which is just what I'm doing. But the others had an ending..... her..... well it just showed her moving into a new place...... what was her ending? I wanted some closure for her. I don't want to spoil the movie; you'll see what I mean if you watch it. Overall it was a cute movie. But it left me wondering at some of the crazy antics - do some girls really act like that???





“A girl will never forget the first boy she ever likes.”

~ He's Just Not That Into You (movie) ~

2 comments:

Dwin said...

Oh.
My.
God.
I went to see that movie, with four of my girlfriends, who are all happily in relationships, and in the end, I felt just like Jennifer Connolly's character, you know, the alone one, and I cried.
lol.

So@24 said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo