Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Fallen Hero

Four years has gone by since the death of a friend in Iraq. Wow it doesn't seem like that long. But in away it seems so much longer. Today would have been his 28th birthday.

I remember his last trip home. He was all smiles. He told us about the children in Iraq he had come to know and that he liked handing out toys. He was so positive and upbeat.

"Hard times don't create heroes. It is during the hard times when the 'hero' within us is revealed."
~ Bob Riley ~

2 comments:

Joe said...

I am so sorry for your lost. And I think it is amazing that you are keeping his memory alive by writing about him on your blog.

More people need to honor the heroes in Iraq that gave their lives.

You're in my prayers.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awwww.... I'm sorry for your loss. And what a nice friend you are to post a little tribute to him. Good people will always be remembered. =)