Friday, June 26, 2009

On Safari Anticipating A Flood

Thursday night I met Vixen at the theater to watch the anxiously awaited action sequel, Transformers (Which was great by the way). As we take our seats and wait for the movie to start Vixen tells me that Edward has invited us to come out after the movie and meet up with him and some of his friends.

I have to work the next day so I decline the tempting invitation but encourage Vixen to go. We both came straight from work. She has on a white t-shirt, jean shorts, and flip flops. I am dressed in what I consider one of my few "cute" chick outfits (cause lets face it I am far from a fashion goddess) jeans, black heals, black tank top with a cropped sleeve black and gray jacket over top.

Vixen, "I don't want to go meet his friends dressed like this."

Me, "You don't look bad....."

She gives me the 'yeah right look'. "Trade clothes with me."

This is how I found myself after the movie in the theater bathroom handicap stall with Vixen literally giving her the clothes off my back. 10 minutes later I emerged in a white v-neck shirt (which might I add Vixen's has a larger bosom than myself so it was much more low cut on me than it had been on her ~ Also to top it off I had on a leopard print bra. Yes I did say leopard print.) And I had on my long jeans given that I had been wearing heals so when exchanging for the flip flops I had to roll up my pants legs so as to not trip and fall. Yes, ladies and gentleman I exited the women's restroom with my head held high trying to ignore the fact that I looked like a lost hooker on safari anticipating a flood.

Now that is what I call true friendship.


"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
~ C.S. Lewis ~

3 comments:

Ana Laura E said...

That´s what friends are for! I would do anything for my besties!

phoebe said...

that must have been quite a (funny) sight. haha. you are indeed a good friend!

Mrs. Match said...

You are a true friend. I don't think I would have done that! Mostly because i'm slightly germaphobic though, lol.