Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

This was my second Father's day without my Dad. Everyday I think of him and miss him but there are 5 days a year that seem to be harder than others: His Birthday, the day he passed away, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Father's Day.

I knew Father's day was coming ( I mean between Hallmark, Shutterfly, and other random emails delivered daily who could forget?) but I had been pushing it to the back of my mind. I'm very much an out of sight out of mind type person.

So of course Giggles, Babbles and Vixen called and checked on me in the round about "I'm not going to ask you cause I don't want to make you cry but just want to make sure your okay" way. X even checked in on me. And it dawned on me. Maybe I don't miss him as a significant other but more as a friend. We experienced so much of life together, things that others will never understand. The passing of my Dad being one of those.

I miss my Dad. Sometimes I wonder if my life would have turned out differently if he were still here.

"A "daddys little girl" is the one who would rather get her hands covered in engine oil with dad, than stay in the house and bake buns with her mother!"

~ Author Unknown ~

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

*Hugs* I'm glad your friends were there for you.

phoebe said...

aww. i'm sorry e! i agree with date girl... so glad that your friends were there for you.