Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Just A Crush



This morning I am grinning from ear to ear and nothing can seem to burst the happy bubble I have wrapped myself in. Wow I forgot how nice it can be to have a crush. Now I don't want to jinx myself or get ahead of myself here, I mean it's just a crush. But let's get real here, it has been sssoooo long since I have had a genuine crush! With the holiday weekend Marine2 was able to take leave and come home. I had not spoken to him since the Memorial day confusion. Then Friday night I sat atop Horse and see a friends familiar truck and horse trailer pulling into the Saddle Club. I see two guys I had been expecting pile out along with one unfamiliar face and then the rear door opens and out climbs Marine2. Very unexpected. I slide off Horse and meet him half way as he wraps me in a friendly hug. Vixen and I talk with the new arrivals as they unload and saddle their horses. The unfamiliar face belongs to a Marine buddy of Marine2 who decided to come south instead of returning home for the long weekend.

The night goes on. We all ride around. As it comes my turn to run I can see them gathered around the end of the arena. As I approach the barrel I hear them cheering, my own personal cheering section. It's nice to have support. The arena was not up to par in my opinion so I eased Horse thru the motions never letting her reach maximum speed for fear of injury in the less than perfect conditions. We ran our slowest time to date..... and still placed 5th! I was happy. But with everyone there it would have been nice to have taken home the blue but my horse and her safety comes first. After the run I unsaddled her and Mom left en route to take her home. As previously planned I was camping out with Vixen and Hollywood (I have way to many friends up till now she has been referred to as girlfriend but since she keeps making appearances she deserves a name! lol She is the girlfriend I work at Sportsbar with).


Marine2 had talked with Mom as I had unsaddled Horse. Once done I climbed on behind him (on his horse) and we headed off to join the rest of the group and watch the rest of the show. The rest of the evening I rode around double with him laughing and having a great time



Fourth of July was good as well. Last night of the horse show. I think we were all tired as my Saddle Club members gathered around helping each other get everything ready.


Sunday we packed up the camper and the horses. The Gang and I went and stopped for a late lunch and then Vixen and I were on the way home. I was exhausted. After taking care of everything at the barn it was 5 o'clock. Having gone 8 days straight with long days and short nights my eyes instantly closed as I plopped down on my bed.

Shortly after 8 my eyes fluttered open, it was dusk out and I lay there debating on getting up and getting something to eat or on going back to sleep when my phone rang. My heart skipped a beat as Marine2's name flashed across the display.

Like a giggly teenager I answered the phone, a smile already on my face. He asks if I have plans for the evening. I tell him no (I mean sleep can wait). He asks if I want to maybe hang out and watch a movie. Of course I agree. Vixen is not home so it's just me (have I mentioned I'm moving in with her). We have been out of town for a week. I make a quick grocery store run before returning to the house.

Him and his Marine buddy arrive movie in hand. I knew the buddy would be with him so I had already called in Hollywood to play wingman. Marine Buddy was cute, Hollywood was single ----perfect!



We sat down to watch the movie. A little ways in he reaches over and takes my hand. I remain calm on the outside and hide the fact that the simple move had caused my heart to skip a beat.

The movie ends and the four of us dissect it reviewing what we just saw. Conversations start to vary as a TV program comes on. A short time goes by and Hollywood bids farewell, she has an early day of work to prepare for.


The three of us remain watching TV. I drift off for what seemed like only a moment but was perhaps slightly longer. I awoke to see Marine Buddy fast asleep and Marine2 awake watching the TV and softly rubbing my arm. We start talking. By now it is after 1 a.m. He tells me they need to go. I want to invite them to stay the night. But I hesitate. I mean I really like this guy and I don't want to give him the wrong impression. On the other hand I won't see him again till Labor day so the few short hours that remain I don't really want to give up.


We cover Marine buddy up with a blanket and quietly enter the bedroom. And no nothing happened for those of you that are wondering ~ The coloring drought continues. We laid awake talking for hours playing the 20 (more like 200) question game. We had so much in common! The alarm was set for 6:35 and the last time I looked at the clock it was a little after 5. I didn't want to close my eyes. I didn't want to lose a minute. He said it was nice just laying and talking to someone and I couldn't have agreed more!


He kissed me. Not one of those passionate gotta have you kisses that is fiery yet fleeting, but a soft and gentle first kiss that leaves you hoping it will be the first of many to come.



After about an hours worth of sleep the alarm sounded and he crawled out of bed to go wake his buddy. They were leaving in an hour to head back to base. I got out of bed and walked them to the door.


He leaned down and kissed me gently right there in front of his buddy (if a guy kisses you in front of his friends I always think it means they really do like you ~ so I took this as a good sign). He told me he would call.

And you know what? I really hope he does...... This is a wonderful, exciting, scary feeling. One I haven't felt for nearly 9 years. The last real crush I had was X.

And don't take this the wrong way but Marine2 is everything X was and more.

I can't stop smiling. Keep your fingers crossed!




Joey, (Thinking about Rachel) "I've got nothing to worry about, it's just a crush."

Rachel, "Hi."

Joey, (Thinking) "I love you!"
~ Friends ~

3 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love the fireworks picture you posted. It's really pretty. And about you and your crush. Wow...I hope things work out well for you guys. And him kissing you in front of his friends definitely means something. =)

Mrs. Match said...

Yes yes yes! When a guy kisses you in front of his friends that is always a good thing. :-)

phoebe said...

yay. how exciting... crushes are always so much fun :-) keep us posted