Sunday, September 27, 2009

Communication Is Key

It seems that over the years I have become the Love Doctor of my circle of friends and acquaintances. How I became this...... well I'm not sure. I mean people HELLO??!! Perhaps its because I listen and really at then end of the day when you have a problem isn't that all you really want, someone to listen?

Guys, girls, close friends, people I haven't talked to in forever - doesn't matter. When they have a relationship problem they call me. Maybe this is because everyone also knows that what is said to me stays between me and them. Who knows.

So these past couple weeks I have had the same problem arise (ok well similar problems) with two of my friends. One male friend and one female friend - not in a relationship with each other I might add. Both have things they wish their boyfriend or girlfriend would do or things they wish they would do differently. I know I'm being generic..... anyway I advise both friends to talk to their significant others about how they are feeling. The responses are similar in that they: can't talk to their boyfriend/girlfriend about the problem, their boyfriend/girlfriend won't listen, etc.

In my opinion communication and honesty are the key to a good relationship. If you are feeling some way you should let your partner know. And you should be able to talk to your partner about anything. Am I right?

Maybe it's just me. But like I told them - the boyfriend/girlfriend isn't a mind reader - unless you state there is a problem chances are they don't even realize there is one. Communicate!!

Ok I guess that is my rant of the day.


Communicate;
a : to convey knowledge of or information about : make known
b : to reveal by clear signs
c: to cause to pass from one to another
~ Merriam-Webster ~

No comments: