Friday, October 23, 2009

Living The Fairytale

Yesterday morning I was on my way to work and listening to the radio. Imagine my surprise to hear that every girl can now fulfill her lifetime dream and have a complete fairy tale wedding (Sense sarcasm). Yes that's right Disney is now offering a line of engagement rings and wedding dresses ~ Princess inspired of course.

The collection will be available Spring 2010 and the prices will vary from $1,000 to $6,000.



Every little girl had their FAVORITE princess. Mine was Cinderella. Not sure if it was the dress, the glass slippers, the fairy Godmother, or the fact that she got to ride in a pumpkin ~ But she was my favorite hands down. Perhaps it was her love of animals at the beginning of the movie that captured my heart.

Anyway ~ We all have a favorite.



But as an adult would I really want to have a Disney wedding? [ Read a previous Disney Post I wrote. ] I'm not so sure. But I admit the news story did spark my interest. Enough obviously that I googled it when I got to work. Mainly out of disbelief and the curiosity just how cheesy could this get. And yes the rings are pretty...... check out the other rings here. Ok yes the
Cinderella inspired ring is quite nice......



Well lets take a look at the dresses. Ok well they are obviously beautiful! None that particularly caught my eye but all of them stunning to say the least!


Still though I just don't think I could say, "Why yes this the Sleeping Beauty ring...."



"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."
~ Cinderella ~

6 comments:

Date Girl said...

Hahah, this is funny because I discovered a similar website that the Disney store linked. Those dresses were kind of hideous, because they were too much like the cartoon.

These ones are beautiful though! But I would say if you were ever to get one of those dresses or rings, I wouldn't say how they were inspired. That's just me though!

Ana Laura E said...

I definitaly don´t want to have a Disney wedding. I dream of a 4 month cruise over the world honey moon, but the wedding I would rather keep it simple.

phoebe said...

that is too funny... guess they are catering to the next generation.

ColeyMarie said...

Okay, it's official. I need the Sleeping Beauty engagement and wedding band set. And, I might need one of the gowns from the collection as well.

Would I ever tell anyone that it was a Disney collection? Probably not, because my family thinks I'm odd enough as it is!

Unwritten said...

Wow! My favorite was Ariel, the Little Mermaid. The rings are gorgeous. Would I get them? I don't know. I myself have been captured by the "magic" of Disney. As ridiculous as it might sound, I think deep down inside I hope for "happily ever after."

E said...

I agree I think the dresses and the rings are beautiful!!! But not sure I would tell anyone that it was from the Disney collection. But it would be nice for the fairy tale to come true :)