Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Endings?

This week has been so busy/hectic!! I feel like a hamster running on a small wheel - so many thoughts running thru my head and not nearly the time to organize them into some sort of entertaining post.

Is there really such thing as Happily-Ever-After? Or is this just an old wives tale like Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster? Last night I sat at home curled up with Hyper, trying to stay warm, and I decided to watch SATC the movie. I saw it in theaters with my girlfriends months ago. But with lack of options I decided to watch it again. Near the end of the movie Carrie looks at Big and says, "We we're perfectly happy before we decided to live happily ever after." This one line made me pause and rewind to hear it again. I laughed and shook my head and I thought of X. That one sentence summed us up. We were happy before we decided to live happily ever after then the bomb went off. The causalities were high and the damage.... well..... the damages were costly. Am I crazy for wanting a second chance?


Tonight I am going to eat at sports bar with Giggles and some others. Should be fun/entertaining. Then tomorrow for the fall festival there is a parade and I plan on riding my horse in it. Which could be interesting. Then tomorrow night...... don't want to jinx myself...... so not getting hopes up........ almost afraid to even say it........... cause what if it doesn't go good......... X and I are going on a date. Hopefully it will go good. I tell you no one can make me as mad as he does at times, but on the flip side no one can make me as happy either. Is that normal?

I miss Vivi and Blondie. Everyone is so hectic lately - haven't got to hang out with them or Vixen as much as I would like to. But next weekend is the Halloween Party! Which is sure to be fun!

I hope our date goes well. I really do miss him. The anger has faded and the reality has sunk in. But I have faith that everything happens for a reason. It just sucks waiting to see what the reasons are. I am not a patient person. I want to know now! :)

So with that in mind I am still trying to figure out if there is such a thing as a happy ending or if that is only in the movies.....


Also Phoebe!!! Good luck with the race this weekend!! I hope you have a great time!


"Marriage is like jogging through a puddle of industrial strength rubber glue. You can work hard and make it through the struggles; however, you usually leave your bobby socks and sneakers behind along the way."
~ Anonymous ~

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happily ever after doesn't have to be defined by a relationship!! I'm a big believer in making your own happiness!! I learned that a long time ago from my ex fiance's mom of all people!!

Good luck finding your happy ending!

phoebe said...

oooh i can't wait to hear about your date!! i hope it went really well :-)

thanks for the luck too. i'll be sure to let everyone know how it went.

Joe said...

I think happily ever after does exist, its just that we sometimes think the happily ever after exist with no problems, never being angry at the other person, no augments, and no hurt. I think the happily ever after can come even in relationships when you understand that trouble will come and you can still ACTIVELY and WILLINGLY LOVE the person and let that love see you through.

I hope the date goes well...so if you view it with the mindset that it will go well then it may. I also hope that you guard your heart and at the same time be open. Life is full of ironies and paradoxes, but then I guess life wouldn't be worth living if we didn't have any challenges right?

Good blogging.