Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat


Ah today is Halloween, a day for bats and ghouls and things that go bump in the night! I don't know why but I have always loved Halloween and with it falling on a Friday this year I was hoping to attend a haunted house or something tonight. Instead I will be working at Sports Bar. Bartender's father is not doing well so she is out of town and called and asked if I could help out tonight. Of course I said yes. And I can use the extra money so tonight I look forward to putting on my bartending cap.

It is a beautiful day outside and from where I sit at my new desk, that is strategically placed so I can see out the window, I see a fire truck pull up to the curb in front of my office. And out climbs Fire Guy. You have got to be kidding me! On slow days I know that they go around the county testing fire hydrants. Apparently today is the day for the one in front of my office building to be tested. So I sit at my desk and stare/drool as I gaze out the window. The windows are tinted so I know he can't see in therefor I make no move to pretend not to stare but stare openly. He looks great in his uniform I won't lie. And the fire department t-shirt clings to his muscles just right as he releases what I could only assume was the valve on the hydrant.

Blondie is meeting me here for lunch and one can only hope she makes it before they leave. But as he returns to the Fire Truck I see the familiar focus zoom in the parking lot. And they are gone of course by the time I make it outside. Blondie laughs giving me a hard time and admitting that he does look cute in uniform. She says he waved at her and she waved back. For some reason Blondie and Vixen had high hopes for Fire Guy. They both thought he had great potential. And Blondie stands by the fact she thinks he still does. I on the other hand am on the fence about the whole matter. But Blondie is convinced that he started to fall for me and got scared and that he wants to give me ample time to get over X before pursuing me. Sounds good in theory I guess.

Back to tonight Blondie is bringing by her new guy to Sports Bar. I met him last week at the Halloween party and he seemed really nice. I'm just happy she's happy!


“You fantasize about a man with a Park Avenue apartment and a nice big stock portfolio...For me, it's a fireman with a nice big hose."
~ Samantha ~

No comments: