Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Look At The Bright Side

As you can see things are a little different today. Thanks to Phoebe I have opted to give the good 'ol blog a face lift. So many cute designs to choose from! May have to change it more often.....

Before lunch I was in a slump and all ready to throw myself a pity party, so to speak. This morning I was called into the bosses office for one of those talks that you know has the possibility to not go well. I have been at this current job for only a little over 3 months. My previous job I was at for over 7 years and for those of you who are new I left this job because X and I worked together...... yeah..... so new beginnings. Any way with the economy everyone is hurting. So to put it in a nutshell they are combining two offices into one. I am low man on the totem pole therefor my services are no longer really needed. Yet I do have nice bosses who have proposed several ideas so that I may stay on, being that the office will be open seven days a week instead of five. That way the other girl and myself could rotate. Some weeks I'd work four days, some weeks three. This was a very nice offer and I appreciated the effort and the fact they do not want to put me out of a job. But I have to face the fact that working three or four days a week is just not going to cut it. I took a huge pay cut when I took this job, I cannot afford to take another pay cut.

Scanning the local paper was even more disheartening. Normally there would be at minimum one page full of help wanted ads, yet in the current edition there are six, yes six, help wanted positions available - not even a quarter of a page. Two of which appear to be a telemarketing scam..... Sigh.......... In my nervous breakdown - poor me - what do I do faze - I called Babbles to see if she was available for lunch. Lately even though I have not mentioned her I have sought her advice on marriage and life in general. Luckily she was available and after a quick lunch I was once again calm and collected. I just feel like everything is happening all at once. Just when I think things can't get worse...... they do. And I mean they could still be far worse and I am so lucky/thankful for all the good things in my life. Just something has got to give!

X and I met last night to discuss the house and the conversation once again turned to us. And the questioning if there could be an 'us' in the future. Jury is still out on that one, and I went to bed with a heavy heart. I still believe deep down that what is meant to be will be and I've got to just keep going.

So overwhelmed would be my word of the day. But things are bound to get better. I mean I knew from the get go this was not my dream job and would be a temporary fix till I could go back for my masters. So this is perhaps a blessing in disguise. Something better is out there, I just got to find it. In life it's always important to remember to look at the bright side. Every cloud has a silver lining. I'm still searching for mine but I have faith it is there. And one day I will find it!



"You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true"
~ Meredith Grey / Grey's Anatomy ~

1 comment:

phoebe said...

LOVE the new blog!! this was one of the options when i was picking backgrounds out. great choice!