Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Night

I will stop coming to work hungover.
I will stop coming to work hungover.
I will try to stop coming to work hungover......

Lately life has been spontaneous and exciting ~ a nice mix from the mundane day to day pattern I have fallen into during the winter months. Last night I headed south to meet up with Blondie, her BF and a group of his friends. Marine1 and JC joined us at the restaurant and completed the group. After dinner we arrive back at BF's house and drinks are poured and the cards are dealt. I hold my Dr. Pepper bottle tightly knowing that I have to work the next day (today) and need to go home at a reasonable hour...... I always start out with good intentions..... Then shots are poured. Marine1 hands me one. I shake my head and try to decline. But he is persistent. I fall for the "I'm only home a for a few more days" crap and I cave saying just one. And so it begins, with a laugh we cheers and bottoms up. The crown burns as it makes its way down and I am told again how much of a trooper I am because I am the only girl that will do shots with them. Where's Vivi when I need backup? lol

When I decline another drink JC asks, "why are you leaving?"
Me, "I have to work tomorrow."
JC, "So doesn't matter if you get home at 1 or 6 you'll still make it to work. Your staying," He hands me the drink.

In my post shot mind set his logic makes sense. So I take the drink and head up the stairs with him to blow up the air mattress so it will be ready later. I return down stairs and Marine1 is grinning from ear to ear as he hands us both a shot glass. I know better, really I do. But I do it anyway.


And that would be the beginning of the end.

Now here is the part where I debate the content of my blog. Do I keep my secrets and use discretion? Or do I be bluntly honest as I so admire other bloggers for being without fear of being judged?

So Blondie has been telling me that Marine1 and I will hook up eventually. I deny this, telling her no that some roads aren't meant to be traveled back down; i.e. Marine1 and I have hooked up before. It was right before he left for Iraq. And as last night there was to much booze involved and... well.... you know how it goes. That made Marine1 go down in my book as my only one night stand ever.

So the past few months Vivi, Vixen and myself have had a no-coloring pact going on. Which we have all resisted temptation and stuck to. Until last night.

Can someone be a repeat one night stand? This morning I felt slightly embarrassed. Ok there is no slightly to it. I feel downright embarrassed. And a little disappointed in myself.

So I leave this morning and arrive home around 5 a.m. I crawl in bed and I am out before my head hits the pillow. The alarm sounded all to soon at 7:15. As I crawled out of my bed, my head spinning, all I could tell myself was one more week. One more week and Marine1 will be gone and I can go back to my 8 hours of sleep per night.

He calls this morning to name off all the stuff I left behind last night in my haste to get the hell out of dodge. Things between us are fine, as I knew they would be but am glad for the confirmation. No awkwardness.

So here I am at work. Suffering from a slight case of the self-inflicted flu. And after work, I will head to SportsBar where I will work till close. Perhaps it's a good thing Marine1 is leaving in a week. I will miss the random nights and the never-knowing-what-is-going-to-happen-next- excitement.

One more week. A week including St. Patty's day. The planning started last night. And I will be off work Tuesday and Wednesday. Let the games begin.

"Low rise jeans are just so impractical when comes to flying by the seat of your pants."

2 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh yes, once the drinks start coming in and one sip then you're off to another and then some. So...hmmm...you and this Marine1 guy, you gonna miss him when he's ff again to somewhere?

E said...

Yeah I will miss him.... but could I ever really see myself in a relationship with him??? No, I can't. I hate to say that, but it's true. We have fun hanging out together but he is way to selfish at times. Plus he is that bad boy type I keep telling myself I need to get away from!!! lol :)