Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Ultimate Goal

I pull up the website I have visited so many times in the past week. My heart thumps in my chest as I click the "online application" button. I start filling out the application, the fear of commitment mixed with the fear of rejection causing my stomach to churn. I mean what if I don't get in? Then what? I take a deep breath and plow thru the application. Then I get to "goal statement". Pause.............................................................. twiddle thumbs............................... Open new Word Document.........Stare at blank page............Hhmmmm................................. My mind is blank. Any clever words I may have had are gone. Now what? I'm clueless. Literally, and utterly lost. I mean I know it will come to me. But not at the present moment.

So this past week I have been debating on going back to school for my masters. I have been going back and forth about applying for the fall semester. The deadline is April 15th; so by April 15th I must have my application in along with a writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, and a goal statement. Not to mention I have to take the GRE test. I feel as if I have waited till the last minute.

The writing sample will be easy, just have to pick one. The letters well I have two people in mind (my boss and a previous teacher) but the third...... well not really sure who to ask........ and the test ah the test. Hopefully won't be to bad.

Perhaps I should back track and explain why I'm doing this today. This morning I awoke and a quick check of my email ~ I receive my MSN horoscope daily~ Yeah I am a little superstitious but that is not the point. So this past week I have discussed going back to school with my friends and family and just last night I was talking about it with my mom and telling her I just wasn't sure if now was the right time. Last night I went to bed with alot on my mind and knew that decision time was drawing near, I prayed asking God to send me some sort of sign. This morning I awoke still unsure of what to do. I open up my daily horoscope and it reads:

Your horoscope for March 29, 2009
If you've been thinking about seeking success in the field of publishing, E, this is the time to go for it. It's also a great day to enroll in law school, a masters' program or any field of higher education. Love with someone from far away could well be in the offing. At the very least, you could make a new friend from a distant state or foreign land. This should be a very satisfying day for you. Enjoy it.


Ding Ding!!! I think we have a sign!!! I mean how much more freaky can you get???


"No, ‘cause she didn't tell me I was gonna die until the very end of the session, and I was not going to waste a whole another hour there! I mean I've only got a week left, you know? I've really got to start living now!"
~ Phoebe, Friends ~

4 comments:

phoebe said...

ah yeah. tests. i had to take the praxis test when applying. good luck!!! i'm sure you'll do great and i really am so happy for you.

and yeah... how much more freaky can you get?!?! if that's not a sign, i don't know what is!

Mrs. Match said...

I love that horoscope, so on the money. I'm just a tad superstitious too. :-) Good luck with the application, sounds like a difficult process, but could be well worth it.

Serena said...

Wow how freaky is that horoscope of yours?! It's definitely a sign - got for it! Regret the things you've done in life,not the the things you haven't! x

E said...

Thanks for the feedback!! :)