Saturday, March 28, 2009

Phases

This week has been a little hectic to say the least. I received a midnight call from a cruise ship somewhere at sea in the Caribbean, a call I knew I would be getting at some point or another. It was Giggles her BF proposed. She was ecstatic and I, even in my anti-relationship phase of life, was thrilled for her. They have dating a few years now, but I knew after two months he was the one for her. Funny how that happens. How is that we can never tell about guys for ourselves but with our friends we can tell nearly instantly? Take Vixen for example I can tell after spending five minutes with a guy if its worth taking the time to get to know him or if he has about reached his expiration date as a part of Vixen's life. But when it comes to guys in my own life I have no clue! Apparently.

In other news this week Nurse Betty is pregnant. Something I have also known for a few weeks but due to previous miscarriages she has been hesitant to get excited or tell anyone of the joyous news. Monday while at the doctors office they were able to hear the baby's heartbeat, this eased her worry somewhat.

I am so thrilled for both of them. Yet at the same time it makes me look at my own life with somewhat melancholy. I feel as if everyone is moving forward and I am standing still. They enter another phase of life while I return to starting line, rolling the dice hoping that this time luck will be with me. But we all know that I am not one to sit around throwing a pity party (well ok I do some days but those are few and far in between). So in my "I've got to do something" phase I looked into going back to school and getting my masters. This is something I have been wanting to do and for some reason have been putting off. I took the first step and printed off the application. If I want to enroll for Fall semester I have to have all the paperwork in by April 15th. I want to do it but at the same time it is a big commitment, and lets face it I have not been a big fan of commitment lately. So we shall see.

And with the coming of spring the arrival of Barrel Racing season is nearly upon us. Now that is something I am super excited about!! The happiest time in my life was when I was highly involved with Barrel Racing, my pre-X life. I was the classic story: Girl has horse, Girl Barrel Races, Girl loves Barrel Racing, Girl is good at Barrel Racing, Girl is happy, Girl Meets Boy, Boy does not like horses, Girl is ok with that but still spends time with horse, Girl starts falling in love, Girl stops Barrel Racing, Girl spends more time with boy less time with horse, Boy breaks Girls heart.

So yeah I am determined to get back into Barrel Racing. It is something fun that I enjoy. Lesson of all this is don't give up something you love. Which I can't blame the entire thing on X, as much as I would like to. There were other factors such as: I needed a new horse, college, work, etc. But that is neither here nor there. This year will be good. And weather I win or lose I'm going to have either way! :)

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.
~ Winston Churchill ~

1 comment:

phoebe said...

i KNOW exactly what you mean... how people are moving on in different chapters of their lives... but you are starting a new one too... school! yay. i'm so happy for you...

btw. GREAT new background. love. love. love.