Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Today marks three years since my dad passed away. It's hard to believe its been that long, when the pain still feels so fresh.
Today take the time to call your dad (or you mom) and just tell them that you love them.
After my dad passed away I wrote alot. It was my way of releasing all the grief I was experiencing but yet not having to burden anyone else. I was able to write about feelings and thoughts I was experiencing that I would have never been able to speak aloud. It was my way of dealing. A sort of free therapy. I have never shared those writings but from time to time I go back a reread them. Remembering the way I felt at that moment and the obstacles that I had yet to overcome. It helps me realize that even though I am still hurting and that I still miss him terribly, I am doing better.
I will always be a daddy's girl and I will always miss him. But I know that he is with me each and every day.
Dad
By Judy Burnette.
[ Poem Found At ~ In Loving Memory ]

Dad...so many images come to mind
whenever I speak your name;
It seems without you in my life
things have never been the same.

What happened to those lazy days
when I was just a child;
When my life was consumed in you
in your love, and in your smile.

What happened to all those times
when I always looked to you;
No matter what happened in my life
you could make my gray skies blue.

Dad, some days I hear your voice
and turn to see your face;
Yet in my turning...it seems
the sound has been erased.

Dad, who will I turn to for answers
when life does not make sense;
Who will be there to hold me close
when the pieces just don't fit.

Oh, Dad, if I could turn back time
and once more hear your voice;
I'd tell you that out of all the dads
you would still be my choice.

Please always know I love you
and no one can take your place;
Years may come and go
but your memory will never be erased.

Today, Jesus, as You are listening
in your home above;
Would you go and find my dad
and give him all my love.

No comments: