Friday, November 13, 2009

Long Week

Anyone who says that keeping up a blog is easy is full of crap! This week I have started approximately 4 blog posts but then not had the time to complete them and rather than post a half ass post I let it sit there lifelessly as a draft just waiting for when I have the time to finish them and hit the magic button...... publish.

This week marked the three year anniversary of the death of my dad. After three years you would think it would get easier. But it doesn't and part of me doubts it ever will. I guess that's part of being a daddy's girl. Mom and I went out for diner and each ordered a beer and cheers'ed for Dad. We miss him but know that he is in a better place and watching over us. Something that is easy to say and think but doesn't stop the tears from flowing once I am alone in the car on the way home.

Another important day this week was Veteran's day. As a proud Marine girlfriend, an Army sister, an Air force Granddaughter, and countless enlisted friends (past and present) I had many people to thank. Before dating Marine I knew that people in the military made sacrifices but there are some you forget to think about. Missed holiday's, birthdays spent out in the middle of nowhere...... some many things that we take for granted in every day life that they miss out on so that the rest of us can enjoy them. But the Veteran's are not the only one's who make sacrifices, so do their families - their wives, children, etc. All of whom make sacrifices so their loved can serve his (or her) country. If you did not tell a Veteran thank you - please do so.

On Veteran's day I received this link that I would like to share ~ What is a Veteran it is truly touching.

And Friday the 13th...... Marine was supposed to get to come home this weekend. We had all kinds of fun things planned. But his ride home fell thru. Disappointing...... yes. I won't lie. But I tell myself it could always be worse. And it really could.

So what to do this weekend? Ah..... what to do? After having a sinus headache for the better part of the day tonight I decided to rent Bride Wars, and curl up with a Dr. Pepper and Turtles. Sometimes a nice quite night at home is just what the doctor ordered.

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

~ Elmer Davis ~

3 comments:

Date Girl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; I can't imagine the feeling of losing a close loved one, especially a parent. I think you will always miss him, and that is completely normal.

I'm sorry Marine wasn't able to come home. I'm no stranger to that kind of disappointment, where it's no one's fault, but it still really sucks.

I hated the movie Bride Wars, but hopefully you enjoyed it! I am all about curling up with a good movie and some chocolate. For me tonight while Match is at the firehouse overnight it's bailey's irish cream, my pup, and Season 3 of Lost. I've never seen the show, and I'm totally addicted!

Bring Back Pluto said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. Losing a parent is tough. I lost my dad, two days after my wedding. And he actually never made it to my wedding.

Hang in there. The GUYS and I think you're great!!!

FYI:

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve moved to: http://www.theguysperspective.com/theguysblog
For Blogrolls and such.

We’re still in the process of tweaking the look and design of our site, but we’re happy to be operating under our own domain!

phoebe said...

how funny. i watched bride wars this weekend too!

sorry that marine couldn't come home... i too know the feeling of disappointment... hopefully you get to see him soon!