Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Winning Ticket

For years I had dreamed of hitting the lottery. The things I would do, the places I would go, the frivolous things I would buy (ahem, ahem... race horse farm.....), the people I would help out -- I mean the list is endless. But everyone always says that money does not buy happiness. Perhaps they are right, but have you ever noticed its always the people that are broke that are saying this?? I mean I tell myself this at least once a week. Normally when lusting after something I used to be able to afford (Bare Minerals makeup for example) but now have to do without or go for a cheaper version. However, I have yet to hear someone who actually has money utter this phrase.

Even though I have yet to win the lottery, in a money sense, I think I have hit the emotional jackpot.



Warning: I am about to get all mushy and gushy... which I rarely do and will probably read back at a later date and want to hurl at my "new love" mushiness. So for weak of stomach - you have been warned.


Marine is the most wonderful man I have ever met! There are not enough words in the English language to express just how great he really is. And honestly I always thought that genuinely good guys were a myth or perhaps a fairy tale. I've read about them but never really met one. I still think they are on the endangered species list.... but I now believe if you just look hard enough you may be lucky enough to find one.


For Christmas Marine gets a two week leave. During this time we have discussed taking a long weekend trip somewhere. Just the two of us. I have looked at hundreds of places online --hundreds..... 20..... ok 15...... maybe 10..... ok it was like 8 places..... but seemed like hundreds! Any way all of them seemed so expensive. Well maybe not expensive but more than I could afford right now.


When discussing destinations Marine said he would pay for the trip. I quickly tell him no. Call me crazy or maybe just independent but I feel like if we are taking a trip I to should pitch in. And then again I have never dated a guy that would even offer to pay. Normally with the losers of my past I was the one paying because I had a better paying job than they did (which is the nice way of saying I just didn't blow my money the way they did).



So imagine my surprise when Marine called yesterday and asked "What weekend were we planning on taking a trip? The 18th thru the 21st?"



"Yep," I reply (or something along those lines).



"Ok just making sure."



"Why?" I ask.



"I booked our trip," He replies mater of factly.



And he won't tell me where we're going. Some place tropical?? Some place to go snowboarding??? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!



I love surprises but curiosity is about to get the best of me... especially since he told Vixen - who according to her "has to pack a special bag" for me to give to Marine. He has given me clues but nothing to which will help me figure out just where it is we are going.



To my curiosity his text replies, "Haha this is the best ever. The only thing you need to know about the trip is that your gonna have fun. We will have a blast. But not telling you may be more fun! And I'm not the best I'm just a loving boyfriend."



Yeah when it comes to the great boyfriend lottery I think I may just having a winning ticket (not to jinx myself --- always a little afraid of doing that).



In other news the Marine Ball is fast approaching! Have I shed the few pounds I had hoped to? NO. Have I laid in the tanning bed so I won't look so pasty white in my black dress? NO! Have I practiced fixing my hair and make-up so that I can do it on the day of the ball? NO!.......... There are just never enough hours in the day! Plain and simple.



But I'm excited! I leave Friday!



So on the phone tonight Marine and I were talking about the Ball.



"I still can't believe you asked my back in July," I laugh.



"What?? No I didn't! It was like August or September!" He says.



"No it wasn't. It was July cause we had just started dating and I couldn't believe you were already asking me since the Ball was months away."



"No way. It was September at least," He tries to convince me.



Now this is where the blog comes in handy. I tell him to just hold on one minute and I will check. I have told Marine about my blog in theory. But would I ever let him read it? Heck no! I mean if he were reading it how could I over analyze him?? So I pull up and search........ There it is ~ The POST I'm looking for........ dated........ July 28th.

I tell him this.

"Oh my ga so we had only been dating........" he pauses, "23 days!......" another pause as I am laughing, "and you wrote about it. Oh my ga everybody thinks I'm an idiot now don't they?" He to is now laughing to.

I tell him no that I received positive comments on that posts (Thanks Date Girl and Phoebe).

We jokingly banter back and forth for a few minutes laughing then he says, "Well when you know you know..... and you can put that in your blog!"

So he asked for it.

"...that thing, that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy...and you realize that this person is the only person that you're suppose to kiss for the rest of your life and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you've found it and so scared that it will go away..."

~ Never Been Kissed ~

4 comments:

phoebe said...

that was a sweet post... i'm really glad that you are happy and that marine is being a fantabulous boyfriend. you certainly deserve it.

ONE of THE GUYS said...

E,
Nice to hear from you today! I hope all is well.

Yes, we'd love to be guests on your site.

Just pick any post you feel is appropriate and that would appeal to your fans and post it.

Just let us know. We'll put a link on our site to you too!

You going anywhere fun? Or is it biz?

"ONE of THE GUYS"

Unwritten said...

I'm so happy for you. Marine sounds like an amazing guy. Like you I have a difficult time with people paying for me. But if he's already purchased the ticket what can you do but enjoy it. :o)

Date Girl said...

Ahhh I almost missed this post! I'm so glad I scrolled down. How freaking exciting is that? A trip together, and all a surprise! I just told Match that I'm super jealous, and he promised that someday we'd go on a trip like that. All I have to say is you have so hit the boyfriend lottery!

Oh, and ps Match and I talked about going on a trip to Oregon to my hometown and to meet my parents the first week we met. And we went just two months later! :-) I think we're just as crazy as you two! ;-)