Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Ugly Truth

The Ugly Truth is that woman are crazy. Yes I did just go there. Now hear me out. I'm not saying that all women are crazy all the time. But even us most 'got it together' women have our crazy moments. Why is that? Maybe its hormons.... actions that are easily blamed on that time of the month. Yes this is a crock of shit and to us women this is a get out of jail free card that most men are willing to accept. Therefore we use it shamelessly....... you know I'm right.

Now I like to consider myself pretty level headed..... cool, calm, collected. Overall pretty easy going. This is not to say that I haven't had my share of crazy moments. Not that I can think of any right now off the top of my head but I'm sure Vivi will quickly post a comment happy to name more than a few times that she can recall.

Anyway moving on ------> So Marine didn't get to come home this weekend. Yes it sucks. Yes it was a little disappointing. But that's part of it. I knew that from the get go. So I suck it up, put my big girl panties on (after folding up the cute piece of lingerie I had been hoping to wear and putting it back in the dresser for a later date) and I deal with it.

Tonight Vixen and I rented a movie (The Ugly Truth), ordered Mexican take out and curled up on the couch for a cozy night in. Yes, I could have went out but honestly I really just wanted to sit at home and relax.

Marine on the other hand called and said he was going off base with his roommate and another friend to meet up with his other roommate, the roommates girlfriend and some of her friends. They were planning on going out to eat and then to a local bar.

I told him to have fun. Simple as that. We talk about five more minutes and then I let him go so I can eat my diner and that he can get ready to go meet his buddies.

A few moments later I get a text - Marine: "Wow every time we go out Wifey picks a fight with roommate." ---- one of his roommates is married. Mind you she lives in California and he is stationed on the east coast. Yes I know this must be extremely hard!

This gets me to thinking about relationships and distance. Marine is 500 miles away (well give or take). I don't expect him to just sit at the barracks all weekend. I mean how boring would that be? I want him to go out with his friends and have fun. He has worked hard all week, I know he was also disappointed about not getting to come home, and I think he deserves to go out and have fun.

The bottom line, I guess, is that I trust him.

I know that if I wanted to go out with my friends he would be supportive.

So why is it that the Wifey always (always) gets mad when they go out? I mean I know there is always two sides to every story.... but roommate usually stays in the room on the weekends and rarely goes out. Does she not want him to have a life outside of her?

Then I wonder will I ever get to that point? Will I develop a case of - "I can go out and have fun but you cannot go out and have fun with anyone but me" - syndrome. Lord I hope not!! The day you get to that point is the day you need to pack your bags and move on cause obviously you got issues. Ok maybe I shouldn't say that....... Throwing up of hands, Oh well!


Abby Richter, [gushing about Colin] "He's such a great guy."
Mike, [sarcastically] "Oh yeah, he's dreamy."
Abby Richter, "And he ticks numbers 1 to 10 on my list."
Mike, "Although, weren't points 1 to 9 pretty much about him being gay?"
~ The Ugly Truth ~

4 comments:

Ana Laura E said...

That sindrome of "you can only have fun with me" is the worst. But it is so easy for a PMS woman to get to that point! I hate PMS!

Unwritten said...

LOL!!! That's so true. I hate to say it but you are right. I'm going to try my best to not become "that" woman in my own long distance relationship. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bring Back Pluto said...

Long distance relationships are just complicated. Without serious trust, it's impossible. It sounds like you have that, so that's good. But all your thoughts, possible worries, concerns are normal. He's probably having them too, just doesn't blog about it. And GUYS will often keep that stuff to themselves more.
Hang in there. Hopefully you'll see Marine soon!

"ONE of THE GUYS"

Date Girl said...

I hate it when girls get like that over their man, especially their husband. If you can't trust your husband, why the F are you married?! I actually had my friendship with Coast Sister end over a similar situation, in which she tried to get me to side with her that it wasn't ok for her Coast Guard hubby to go to the bars when he was stationed away from her. I said he should be able to go out and she should trust that nothing would happen. So she freaked out and said I was a bad friend, because I pointed out her crazy. The Ugly Truth is right-women are NUTS!!