Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Date Girl Diaries

Hi, I'm Date Girl, and E has asked me to be one of the guest bloggers while she's out on her romantic vacation. Lucky duck! So I thought since she's having a romantic trip, I should share with you a story of when I first met my boyfriend Match. Enjoy!



At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it.Its like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And its not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.-Meredith, Grey’s Anatomy

Last night Match Guy once again managed to take my breath away. It started out with dinner at this beautiful Thai restaurant where we shared appetizers and two main dishes. The whole time we talked and ate I couldn’t get over how comfortable I was. After dinner we went to the beach, and he was all prepared. He had blankets and extra jackets and he even brought a bottle of champagne. We found a little makeshift shelter made out of driftwood and we set up our camp. It felt like something out of a movie, sitting there in with the waves crashing, sipping champagne with this gorgeous man next to me. We traded stories about our past, our friends, our hopes and dreams. The whole time I sat there with this dumb grin on my face, just hoping I wouldn’t wake up from what had to be a dream.




When we got back from the beach he walked me home and we snuggled up on the couch for a little while. We kissed a few times but we had amazing self control and he went home. When he got home he texted me “You’re incredible. Sweet dreams beautiful.”

I am very very happy that I met Match Guy but I’m terrified. I want so badly to believe that this guy is for real, but so much of my past has made me distrusting of kindness. I am trying to just relax and go with the flow, but part of me feels like everything is rushing at a really fast rate. He texted me again this morning just to say good morning. I love the attention, but I’m afraid of what happens when a little time passes. What happens when I get used to this and then it goes away? What then? Then I worry that I don’t know this person at all, and how do I know he doesn’t do this to all the ladies? I would like to think I’ve gotten pretty good at picking out the jerks, but I’ve been blindsided before.

Still, despite all my worries, I can’t help but think, why not? Just go with the flow. The worst thing that can happen is he breaks my heart. And Personality Twin has already promised to pick up the pieces if he breaks me. Here’s hoping she never has to.

No comments: