Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rude Awakening

I am in a dead sleep, and I may or may not have been drooling slightly.... but that's beside the point. I am in a deep sleep when all of a sudden I am jarred awake by a loud noise. I try to focus as I blink my sleepy eyes. My heart is racing in the pitch dark room. I realize the noise is coming from my bathroom. A loud racket of scrapping and banging. I lay there frozen in panic when it dawns on me. ITS A MOUSE!!!

This would make this the fourth mouse to be precise! VB disposed of the third one about a two weeks ago when I was gone for the weekend to my mom's. Vixen had purchased a slew of sticky pad traps which at the time seemed like a good idea to her because she was afraid she would set a regular trap off on her finger.

As I hear the beating around in my bathroom I decide these sticky traps may not have been such a good idea....... I mean what am I going to do now.

I flip on my lamp. I think we all know that I am a wuss when its comes to mice by now. I call Vixen. Its 2:20 a.m. she answers groggily, "What?"

"We have a mouse we have a mouse! Itsstuckinthestickytrapweleftinmybathroom!!!!! Send VB down!!!"

"Put a trash can over it," her voice muffled.

"What?"

"I don't want to wake him up, he's got to get up in a few hours."

"Ok," I relent and hang up.

The mouse has once again returned to banging around. I can't bring myself to go in. So what do I do? Like the coward that I am I (never leaving the safety of my bed) stretch my leg out and push the bathroom door closed. Then I gather a pillow and quilt and head upstairs for the couch.

I have mentioned before but I will reiterate..... I DESPISE basement dwelling!! And this being the 4th mouse is pretty much the final straw! My room is clean... I make sure to keep no food or anything like that in my room because I don't want to attract these little pests yet they always seem to turn up in my room and not upstairs. UGH!!!

I toss and turn on the couch waiting for my heartbeat to return to normal. At about six this morning VB is about to head out the door for work. Sleepily I follow him down to the basement so he can remove of the mouse. He opened the door and I climb on the bed as I point to the closed bathroom door, "It's in there."

He walks part way then stops..... "Isn't that the trap?" I follow his gaze and the sticky pad is poking half way out the door and half is still in the bathroom. He opens the door. No mouse. Demolished sticky pad? Yes. But no mouse. He searches my bathroom while I peak under my bed and my trunk. I have very little furniture and no real place for a mouse to hide. VB opens my closet and looks under my bookcase. No mouse.

Great just great.

Today I am going to get real mouse traps and poison! This is getting ridicules not to mention gross!

Definitely one of those nights I had wished Marine was here. He would have taken care of it and the mouse would have been gone. Maybe I just need to get brave though.

Robin, "So what was it, a cockroach or a mouse?"
Lily, "It was a cockamouse!"
Robin, "What?"
Lily, "It's some sort of mutant combination of the two. It's as if a cockroach and a mouse, you know..."
Barney, "Did the horizontal, ten-legged, interspecies cha-cha?"
Robin, "So it was a cocka-potato-mouse?"
Marshall, "Don't make this sound ridiculous. It's a cockamouse."
~ How I Met Your Mother ~

3 comments:

Vivi said...

Yes, you are chicken! If they are on the pad grab that sucker and throw it out the door! Why does this incident sound somewhat familiar though...

phoebe said...

you are a better person than me... after mouse number 1, i would have peaced out... hahahaha

Date Girl said...

Haha, I'm with Phoebe. No basement dwelling for me. Why did you get the short stick on that one??