Monday, March 29, 2010

Part of the Family

I find myself very fortunate in the fact that I really like Marine's family; and I am grateful that they seem to like me to.


Yesterday I attended a museum exhibit with Marine-Mom, Marine-Grandma, and Marine-Sister. An outing that had been planned for Marine-Mom's birthday. It was an exhibit that she had wanted to see about Princess Diana.

And I'll admit that Princess Di was a little before my time and this was probably not an exhibit I would have went to see.... but I was honored when the women of Marine's family invited me on this girls birthday trip. So of course how could I say no?

I ended up having a lot of fun. The exhibit was pretty impressive and I enjoyed spending the day with my future family.


After the exhibit we had diner at The Cheese Cake Factory.


WOW!!!


That is really all I can say. The food was wonderful but the desert was to good for words. I'm not a cheesecake person so I opted for the Black Out Cake. It was mouthwatering delicious.

With Marine gone I think it is great his family still includes me and keeps in touch. Which I also I do with them. This whole deployment think stinks - I'll be honest. But I am one to always try to find the good in every situation, and I believe that the cup is always half full. Deployment is helping me grow close to Marine's family and allowing them to really get to know me. There is no buffer.

Does that make sense? When you hang out with the family and you are with the significant other they perform as a buffer. The thing that you and the family have in common. If you don't know what to say, it's ok cause you have a partner to help you out. With that buffer removed you have to find other common ground, common interests or just plain topics for conversation.

But the downside is afterward you don't get the inside scoop of what they really think about you! lol

Overall it was a great trip and nice to be included as part of the family.

So what about your in laws or future in laws, etc --- Friend or foe?



Don't forget to enter my Giveaway!!! Click HERE
(Easy to enter ~ all you have to do is leave a comment saying hi!)

1 comment:

phoebe said...

i'm so glad! that must make you feel so good...

i know what you mean about the significant other acting as a buffer... i'm not entirely sure i'd be comfortable with the boy's family without him there. i mean i adore them... don't get me wrong. but it is definitely easier when he is around.