Thursday, August 14, 2008

Freeze Out: Day 1

Why are men so dang complicated and confusing? I mean really - each one needs to come with a manual. So my stubbornness has finally kicked in. I hadn't talked to Big since Saturday. Which he did drop what he was doing and him and some of his friends came by the house and played cards with Vivi, Blondie, and myself. But that is neither here nor there - so anyway haven't heard from him since Saturday night. This has been kinda a long week and last night I would have really just liked someone to talk to. So I send a text "what r u doing" a few minutes later I get a reply, "laying around u?" to which I reply, "same. why don't you come over and stay the night with me"................................................. minutes pass.............................................and..................
..........................nothing................................ no reply...........................................................................
I send our trademark line for when the other doesn't reply, "?" a simple question mark....... I wait.................................. and nothing. No reply. No yes, no no just no reply.

Well that kinda got under my skin a little so today is Day 1 of what I will call Freeze Out. I will not text him or make contact with him in anyway until he contacts me first. Childish perhaps, yeah, but sometimes it works. As my childhood friend Babbles would say "you got to make him miss you". It did work once in the past few months; he made it only a week. So we'll see.

I remind myself I don't need him in my life right now but I want him in my life. And these can be and are two very different things. So here's to Day 1 ~ may I be strong enough to take a stand!


Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away. ~Carrie

1 comment:

Joe said...

That's the same thing I say about women. They should come with an instruction manual. Hmm I guess maybe he had plans I didn't know how to tell you and he didn't want you to be upset. I don't know, but maybe just maybe if you guys were both straight foreward with one another then a no will be a no or a yes will be a yes, but you definitely won't get the escape goat of no reply.