Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Miss You

Today has seemed to be a little hectic and scattered. The new job is getting better therefor I'm staying a little busier. Great for job security, but bad because not enough time to write. Anyway things are starting to look up I believe. Is it blind faith? Or just hope that things will get better because they can't get much worse? I'm not sure. But I think things are going to start going my way. Why? Because I'm going to make them. Plain and simple. You are only as happy as you allow yourself to be. I believe that. No one can make you happy but you; others can help but you alone hold the power. Anyway that's my rambling for today.

So works busy. Went to lunch with Blondie and Giggles. It was nice to get out of the office for a bit. We were going to have drinks, but to many witnesses were around to be drinking with lunch..... maybe another day. After lunch I checked myspace and was informed I had one new message. And there in my inbox was a message from an old friend. The message held one lone sentence, "I miss you." It was as if the world around me stopped and all the chaos ceased as I sat in my bubble and stared at the computer screen and those three, lone words.

Instantly it brought a smile to my face - it's nice to know someone is thinking about you. But then I started reflecting on the different journeys life takes us on. How is that someone goes from being a close friend to an old friend? And it seems that this can happen so quickly you may never even realize that it has happened. For a moment I became nostalgic and thought back on many fond memories. But my trip down memory lane was cut short and I was forced to come back to the present. To much to do today, that road trip will have to be left for another day.


He's not my boyfriend, he's just someone I'm trying on.

~Carrie SATC

No comments: