Thursday, August 21, 2008

WTF?!

So today as I sit at work I get a text from X which turns into a conversation. Let's just say he is finally making some plans for the future (which I tried to get him to do forever). And he is planning on joining a branch of the military, might be a good thing for him. But he sends a text saying, "I may have talked Big into goin to." My heart stops and I suddenly have to remind myself to breath.

Mind you X knows of my past with Big, not my current but my past. We have all hung out in groups before and even though the two have never been friends per say they were acquaintances. I had heard from a friend of a friend that the two may have attended the same party this past weekend. But I wasn't concerned.

Until now.

They cannot become all buddy buddy! I mean really! This cannot be good.

Sorry I was just caught a little off guard. I mean really. How would you react? Well as you can see I panicked. And then it was as if a lightbulb had gone off in my head. No wonder I have not heard from Big. X has been nice to him and now he feels guilty. At least that's what I'll tell myself. Might as well make myself feel better. Right? Right. Interesting to say the least.

I felt I needed to add a SATC quote that made this more relevant.....

Believe me, I would love to be one of those people who's all; we loved, thank you,
you enriched my life, now go and prosper.
But I'm much more; we didn't work out, you need to not exist.
~Miranda

1 comment:

Joe said...

Whoa. They know each other... whoa