Wednesday, February 17, 2010

If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It

Yes, I am the worlds worst at trying to fix things that are not broken.

I have a system. It works. But perhaps there is a better way! So I try new things. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it simply doesn't.

Today I was playing around with layout. Trying to get fancy. I was editing the code, making changes. I hit "preview". Doesn't look quite right, I've missed something somewhere. I'm trying to make 3 columns instead of 2. I know its something simple. Just got to find my error.

And then Blogger saves it.

Crap.

To late to go back to the old layout.

I continue to type.

The phone rings.

I get distracted.

Something goes wrong.

I've messed up somewhere.

So I decide to reset. Bear with me. I'll have my nice pretty layout back soon!

I like to keep things fresh, therefor I change my background probably more often than I should.

Perhaps next time I should remember - If it's not broke, don't fix it!

Sure would save myself some time!

But then that would so not be me....... so get ready ~ I have made the big leap and purchased my own domain name. Yes you read that right. After much delebration I decided what the hell and went for it.

So ----->>>> ADVENTURESOFSTARTINGOVER.COM ------>>> Coming soon!

Get ready!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I do the same thing! Back in the day (when I actually had time for such things!) I did all my own designs, coding and whatnot - and now that I'm being lazy and using Typepad templates I can't for the life of me figure them out, lol. Hence the pathetic layout on my blog :) Congrats on the domain purchase!

Mrs. Match said...

Yay, having your own domain name will give you a lot more freedom to mess around with the blog. I really need a new layout eventually, but I'm afraid I'll break something too!

I like the look, it's very cute.