Thursday, February 18, 2010

Introducing Thursday Review

I'm sure you've noticed the new look.... yeah. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I thought 3 columns would make things flow better and be more organized. Instead though I almost feel that it appears cluttered? What do you think?!


Another new feature ~ for those of you who may follow but don't like to leave comments this is for you ~ Reactions. At the bottom of every post there is a Reactions spot and 3 boxes to choose from. Check one. Let me know what you think.


Ok enough about that (but seriously let me know what you think).


Maybe I'm just in a new mood this week. Wanting to shake things up a bit, perhaps. Maybe it's the flu meds. But I have been tossing an idea around now for a few weeks. Most of the blogs I follow tend to have weekly, or at least regularly, topics they cover. I like this idea and would like to have a regular column. So I have decided to add Thursday Reviews to the randomness that is my life.


If you haven't noticed I review things all the time on here (check out Stuff I Love); books, movies, make-up ---- pretty much anything that amazes me at the moment and these reviews are also tucked nicely into a normal post. Now they will just have their own.


Really I'm an advertisers dream. A snappy commercial or ad and I'm hooked. I have to try it. I like trying new things (most of the time).


So welcome to the very first Thursday Review!


Aquafresh Iso-Active Whitening



As I made my way down the aisle at Wal-Mart I was just in search of toothpaste. I reach for my usual tube when this new product catches my eye. I don't know if it was the remembrance of the commercial or the sale sticker that made me reach for Aquafresh Iso-Active or maybe it was the unique canister that stood out from the competition --- either way I reached for it. I pick it up, I read the box. Even on sale it is $1.50 more than my usual brand (I know a $1.50 isn't much but I try to budget and $1.50 here and there adds up).


Impulsively I throw it into my buggy and quickly walk away before I can change my mind.


That night I go to brush my teeth before bed and must admit I have a little problem working the new, fancy, toothpaste contraption. But once that was overcome it was pure toothbrusing bliss. The gell foamed in my mouth, the appearance in the mirror seemed to scream rabies there was so much foam, I continued to brush. The taste was pleasing as well as the feel. I rinsed.............. wow...................... my teeth feel really clean............. fresh actually................ I run my tongue over my teeth again. Yes this new toothpaste definitely makes them feel cleaner. And it leaves a clean feeling taste behind as well. I like it.


This is my best new find. It's a little more pricey then some of the other toothpastes out there but I like it so much I doubt I will go back to my old paste any time soon. Right now Aquafresh is offering a coupon for it --- click here --- So with the Wal-Mart special and the coupon it is definitely worth a try.


So Thursday Review...... Love it or hate it?


Let me know.



Joey, "I don't get it. Why can't we use the same toothbrush? We use the same soap."
Chandler, "That's different. The toothbrush has been in my mouth."
Joey, "OK. But next time you're in the shower, think of the first place you're washing, and the last place I washed."
~ FRIENDS ~

1 comment:

One of The Guys said...

I love the new header. Adventures of an Engaged girl. That was the first thing I noticed today. Smart.

I also think it was smart to get your own domain name. You've got a brand going, why not try to take advantage of it? More traffic, possibly more money?? Who knows, either way it's a good thing.

As far as the layout......I like the look, but I think it might be slightly more cluttered.....but, it was fine. Since you asked. It didn't bother me AT ALL though, so don't fret please.

Pretty cool about the review. You convinced me!! Are you now being asked to do these reviews or are trying to mix things up?

Happy Friday!