Friday, October 8, 2010

That Magic Moment When The World Stopped



The moment Marine took me in his arms was nothing short of magical.

I cannot begin to put into words all the emotions I felt.


211 days had passed since our last embrace but nothing had changed. Any doubts or fears about that had all been erased when I first caught glimpse of his blue eyes and cute smile.  

Funny I had been so worried about not spotting him at homecoming, a common fear many have, but my being so short had added to my worry. As soon as he stepped foot in the door we locked eyes. I'm not sure how he found me so fast or how I spotted him so quickly but once I spotted him I couldn't take my eyes off him. 


Me, Marine, Marine-Sis, Marine-Mom
After grabbing his bags we were off to the hotel. It was nearly 4:30 am by the time we made it to the beautiful room I had booked for this special night. Needless to say the champagne went untouched

The night wasn't really what you'd expect..... don't get me wrong there was passion..... but it was more than that. We lay in bed for hours just holding each other close and talking. Catching up on all the things the other had missed. 

It almost didn't seem real. I couldn't believe that he was actually there and part of me didn't want to go to sleep for fear I'd wake up and realize it had all been a dream. 
We did manage to get a few hours sleep before we got up and prepared to start the day. We were meeting the family and Roommate and his family at Red Robin. That had been both the guys request as their first meal back. And it did not disappoint!

Roommates-Wife and I had long since made friends but it was nice to meet the rest of their family and for Marine-Mom and Roommate-Mom to finally meet.

[In case your new: Roommate is Marine's roommate at the barracks and they have been together for over three years now. They deployed to Iraq together and now Afghanistan --- basically their BFF]

The rest of the day passed in a blur; going here and there trying to spend time with his family while they were up.

Marine1's unit arrived in late Friday night (early Saturday morning). His mom had rode up with Marine-Mom so Saturday we all spent the day together along with Roommate and Roommate-Wife. We traveled up the coast to what we thought was a small seafood festival but which turned out to be THE Seafood Festival.

A street along the water with tents as far as the eye could see.

Photo No. 029


Tents were filled with wonderful seafood and others filled with artwork and other crafts. 

We passed a riverfront bar where the sounds of a live band tempted us to enter. 



The mom's continued from tent to tent while we took a break and a had a drink.

Marine, Me, Roommate-Wife, Roommate, & Marine1
Of course while at the festival we had to sample some of the yummy food. BEST SHRIMP I HAVE EVER EATEN. Hands down. 

Marine went with Shrimp Tacos which were also delicious!


It was a great way to spend a Saturday with the family.
I won't lie though at this point Marine and I were both looking forward to some us time. At this point we had had very little.

Saturday night we went to diner at the restaurant of Marine1's choosing. Of course he chose Japannesse, which was to be expected.  

Yes, it seemed like all we had done was eat at this point.....


The rain had finally ceased but the flood water damage had not -- so Marine and I had some dilemma when it came to where we were staying.....

Sometimes if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck {but that story will come later}. 

But that was fine by us as long as we were back together. 



“I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”
~ Unknown ~

4 comments:

miss_kay said...

Awww E this is great. I am so happy for you. I love love love this post!!!

Mrs. Match said...

Yay!! So glad you got your Marine back. I love that black and white picture of the two of you hugging. You can just feel the love in that moment. So are you guys moving in together, is he done for good or does he still have more time left in the service? I hope you were able to get some much needed alone time this weekend where you didn't have to do a thing but lounge around and enjoy each other.

phoebe said...

it's real!! woooo. he's done done done. no more. yay!!

great pictures. thank you so much for sharing them with us.

i really cannot express how happy i am for you.

E said...

Thanks everybody!!

Date Girl, he doesn't get out till March. So he will still be based about 8 hours away. We are trying to save money for when he moves out so that we can remodel the house and have some money saved up so he can start school and if he doesn't find a job right away we'll be ok and have some money in the bank.

We talked about me moving up there till he gets out but if I do our savings will take a serious hit. So in the long run its better for us to just hang in there and do the distance.

He'll be home this month. Then again for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The only time he'll be gone really will be January and then I'll go up and visit him.

It's still going to suck but hopefully won't be to bad! :)