Sunday, January 4, 2009

In Need Of A Change

I am ready for a change. The past few weeks I have been evaluating where I am in my life ~ I'm content, yet restless. Each morning I awake to a new day, all oddly similar it seems to the one before. For once in my life I don't feel tied down. I'm working two jobs yet still barely scraping by. Neither related in anyway to my field of interest, which is depressing seeing that I have a Bachelors degree in Communications that has basically been useless thus far.
The past few weeks I have been tossing ideas around in my head about perhaps moving and really starting over somewhere. I envy Cayman's Girl for being brave enough to try something new - new job, new country.

Looking online at jobs is really trying to find a needle in a haystack. I would love to move somewhere overseas, even for just a year. Experience something new. It's a nice thought. Nice to think about..... but would I be able to live without my friends and family? Could I be confident enough to start over somewhere that I would be totally alone? Definitely things to consider. Where to start?

I'm ready for a new adventure.

2 comments:

phoebe said...

i've thought about that too... esp right after the boy had pulled his crap back in september. i just don't think i'm brave enough to ever do it alone.

where would you want to go?

E said...

I know I'm not sure I'm brave enough either!! Nice thought though. I'd love to go to Ireland or England for a year or just work somewhere abroad. Try something new :)