Friday, September 17, 2010

B2B Day 5 ~ Why I Blog


Day 5 ~ Why do I blog?

The reason I started blogging and the reason that I still blog are two totally different things. I started out blogging just because I wanted to write. I wanted to make sense of the world around me and the situation I was going thru at the time. 

Along the way several things happened that I wasn't expecting;
  • I got followers --- it amazed me that people were actually reading the stories that I wrote
  • I made friends -- This is perhaps the part that surprised me the most, I didn't expect that blogging would lead to such awesome friendships. 


Now I blog because I enjoy it. I enjoy putting my thoughts and ideas out there. Telling stories about things I have done, the places I have been, and the people that are making an impact on my life. 

I enjoy reading back and remembering moments that I might have forgotten about if not for this blog.

And on nights that I'm lonely and really missing Marine it's nice to read back over old posts that remind me of the fun times we've shared and the fun times that are still yet to come. 

I blog for me. I blog for you. I blog because really what else is a writer to do? 

Why do you blog?


Barney, "Kids!? No! Don't have kids! The rule is no kids until you're at least 45. 
Don't you EVER read my blog? It's gotten a lot better."

~ How I Met Your Mother ~






{ The sponsors of the Back To Blogging event: Standards of Excellence, 



This is Day 5 In Case you Missed Them Check Out: Day 1Day 2Day 3 & Day 4

3 comments:

Shell said...

The connections with other bloggers is what surprised me the most- and what keeps me blogging!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I agree with Shell. I also agree with you. My blog started for one reason and keeps going for another one.

Mrs. Match said...

I never knew I'd make such amazing friends blogging but that definitely keeps me going. I'm like you-I started for myself. I wanted a journal and an outlet for my emotions. As I started dating Match I wanted a record of our relationship, because I knew it was special. I love reading the old entries and remembering those great moments. Keep on blogging girl!!