Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To Blogging ~ Starting At The Beginning

So I have decided to participate in the SITS Back to Blogging Event. Not that I actually think I have a shot at winning the prize -
Thelma and Louise ~ Washer and Dryer from Electrolux
But more so because I liked the topics and thought it might be fun to look back over the past few years since I started this blog.

On July 29, 2008 I created this blog and posted my first post




Welcome

Hello, and welcome all to my version of Sex and the City. That is if Carrie was 25, divorced, starting a new job, and had no clue where her life was going. I have always wanted to write and during this time in my life I have decided to take the cards life has handed me and write about them anonymously in hopes of entertaining people with the twists my life is taking. Most events I write about will be true, however I am reserving the right to take a creative license and embellish a little so as to make them more entertaining. And some events may not be what I did but what instead I wish I would have done. Which posts are fact and which are fiction? That will be for you to decide. So here is to a new chapter in life....

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I laugh just re-reading this!

I would like to be able to say that I have used "creative license" or "embellished" but nope. Sorry, everything I've written has been how it happened. I think I really only threw these fancy words in to cover my butt in case my secret-anonymous-blog was ever discovered. Kinda like my own personal built in escape clause.

And "writing about what I wish I would have done" --- again nope. Looking back there are a few posts I wish I could rewrite with what I SHOULD have done. Most of those would have went much like this.....

Mr. Big----> Not a good idea. It never was and never will be. Run like hell and don't look back. Period.
Marine1 -----> Not a good idea. You know it. But there's another Marine out there that's perfect for you!!
Fire Guy ----> He will one day be your brother-in-law and you will pretend like this time in your life never existed. Enjoy the friendship but be glad/thankful it never turns into anything more.
(Mis)Adventures ----> Some of these may not bring about the best memories while others can bring a smile to your face just recalling them. Fun times with friends you'll never regret.

What an Adventure it has been in starting over.
   ~~~~~~~~~

Join me and participate in this SITS Back to Blogging Event.




{ The sponsors of this great event: Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances }





3 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Isn't it fun to sometimes look back at where we started to see how far we've come? I had no idea Fire Guy was your brother in law to be. Urhmmm, ok I need to go back and re-read some of these entries!

E said...

lol yeah thats the awkward part! lol I've wrote about him since I just haven't called him Fire-Guy any more usually just Marine-Brother lol

Super awkward at first and I almost didn't date Marine because of it. But Fire Guy and I only went on a few dates so it was never serious and he was actually one of the many that was for trying to fix me and Marine up :)

They're actually Step-Brother but may as well be real brothers.

Karen M. Peterson said...

This is a fun post!

It's great to look back and see how much we've changed and what we've learned. At least, I think so.

Anyway, I'm visiting you from SITS and I'll bet you've got every bit as good of a chance at Thelma and Louise as I do! Good luck!