Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Dear 2010,

Well 2010 what can I say? You sure had a way of starting the year out right!! You had barely begun when Marine got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

Yep you sure knew how to start the year off with a smile.

All our times together though weren't quite as wonderful as that first moment. It was you that introduced me to the world of Deployment. Those 7 months sucked. Plain and simple. During that time though I learned a lot about myself and that perhaps I'm a stronger person than I've ever given myself credit for. Those months were hard on Marine and have left a scar on his heart that will perhaps never completely heal. But together we made it thru it and are convinced we can make it thru anything else life throws our way as long as we have each other.

The second best day of the year I would say had to be Homecoming day. I finally was able to let out that breath I'd been holding as I saw Marine step foot in that gym. My heartbroke though as I thought of some that did not return on that bus. You don't understand the affects of war sometimes till you see it with your own eyes.

2010 you were also the year of weddings and babies! I stood by as maid of honor as two of my best friends got married and prepared to start on the next journey of life. And I visited the hospital when another dear friend welcomed a bundle of joy to her family.

Many fond memories with friends from the year: concerts, girls nights, diner, bachelorette parties, trips --- the list is endless.

Wow what a year its been.  10's always been my lucky number and I think you may have reinforced that theory.Thanks 2010 for the knowledge, the memories, the tears, and the smiles. I hope next year will be as good to me as you have been! Put in a good word for me if you can.

Cheers to you 2010! This toast is for you and what is yet to come.

With Love,
E.


Past Letters: 2009 and 2008

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

I have a feeling 2011, the year of your wedding, is going to be a very good year for you. It's hard to believe it was just a year ago that Marine proposed to you! Feels like a million things have happened since. I'm so happy that you and Marine survived deployment, probably stronger now than you were before. Happy New Year and looking forward to following along with your adventures this year (aka lots and lots of wedding related posts please!) :-)

phoebe said...

happy new year!!

i hope that you (and marine) have a delicious 2011. before you know it, you'll be mrs. marine! lots of great things to look foward to in the new year :-)