Friday, December 10, 2010

I Thought I Had It....

So lets talk wedding for a moment. It's been awhile.

I have the photographer booked. I have the D.J. booked. I have the caterer booked. I have the officiant scheduled.

We have our wedding party. We have invitations. I have the dress.

But we STILL don't have a location.

Yes you read that right. Marine and I are tying the knot in exactly 159 days and we still do not have a location.

Needless to say the perfectionist within is about to have a breakdown.

Now it's not for lack of trying. I have personally went and viewed more places than I can count on 2 hands plus scoured 20+ on the internet. I like several of the places but I still have not found that perfect place (within our budget).

This past week I laid it out to Marine, "I've narrowed it down."
"Ok where?"
"We either get married in the field behind the barn or we go away."
"What about...."
I interrupt, "There is no what about. It's either the barn or away. Simple as that. You can pick."
"But that place on the river...."
"No."
"Well what do you want to do?"

I know understand the term Bridezilla. I think Marine does to, poor guy.

I thought I had it. I thought I'd narrowed it down. And then a girl I work with gave my name to someone who has now called giving me another handful of options.

*Sigh*

I will pick a place before the end of the month.

I hope.



Marion St. Claire: A wedding marks the first day of the rest of your life. You have been dead until now. Were you aware of that? You're dead right now. 

Emma: I understand. 
Marion St. Claire: Angela, for example, will die dead. 
~ Bride Wars ~

1 comment:

phoebe said...

good luck!!! you will find your location and it will be all that you ever wanted :-) i'm so more than confident... don't worry :-)