Thursday, December 11, 2008

One Minute

There are 1,440 minutes in a day and I use at least 30 of those staring off into space, another 30 procrastinating and then probably another 30 thinking about what I want for lunch. And I accomplish all of this between 8 am and 12 pm on a typical day. Oh don't lie to yourself, I know I'm not the only one. Today I have decided to take a variance from the norm thanks to The One-Minute Writer. Per the rules specified on the blog:
Who's got the time to journal daily? You do.
1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push "Play" on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.

Less then one minute Huh? If you haven't noticed I can be a little long winded at times and tend to use far more detail than perhaps necessary, but I will give it a shot and in the process you will learn something else about me. The topic is: Scar story "Share the story of how you got a scar". So here goes....

On my left hand between my thumb and index finger is a scar. Let's just say a camping trip that involves hauling crap out onto an island in the middle of a lake and a 75 pound pitbull who is scared of water is not a good combination and can result in a horrible camping trip!!! As I swam stuff to shore said dog jumps out of boat, panics, I try to push back in boat while not drowning, dogs toe nail cuts hand, leaves scar.

So there is my one minute tidbit of the day. Wow there was so much more funny to that story than can be summed up in one minute....

“This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
~ Unknown ~

No comments: